Political quotes

This thread is for quotes with a political meaning. None of those quotes that make Bush look silly please :)

Politician isn't such a bad job. If you're succesful, you get much in return. And if you're not, you can always write a book about it.

- President Reagan

Politicians are the same everywhere. They promise to build a bridge, even if there is no river.

- Nikita Kruschev

Political power comes from the barrels of guns

- Mao Ze Tse Tsung

The highest position Hitler can hope for is head of the post office!

- Last chancellor before Hitler (forgot his name)

The masses of a people fall quicker for a big lie then for a small lie.

- Adolf Hitler

Not a Pax Americana enforced on the wolrd by American weapons of war, not merely peace for Americans, but peace for all men; not merely peace in our time, but peace for all time.

J.F. Kennedy

Sincere diplomacy is no more possible then dry water.

Jofef Stalin

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

Winston Churchill

Mothers always believe that it were just wars, in wich their sons died.

Robert Lembke

"Do you want peace? Prepare for war." - Vegitus

"Death of one is a tragedy. But when you kill ten million? That's statistics..." - Stalin

"I think if we'll give everything we can to him for no counter pay, he wouldn't try to take more and will support us in a fight for democracy and peace." - Chamberlain (about Stalin)

"I am sure we can discuss a peace. It will cost just Gibraltar and Malta..." Churchill (ironically about opposers of war with Hitler)

"The meat of the buffalo tastes the same on both sides of the border." Sitting Bull

"An unreliable ally is more dangerous than a clever opponent." Sun Tzu

"When spider webs unite, they can halt even a lion." Old African proverb

"Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf." American Indian Proverb

"Only when you can be extremely pliable and soft can you be extremely hard and strong." Zen proverb

"In politics, madame, you need two things: friends, but above all an enemy." Brian Mulroney

"In politics, nothing is contemptible." Benjamin Disraeli

"Washington, D.C. is a city lying in the gutter, wallowing in hypocrisy. It has become a bizarre sinkhole of character assassination and smirking self-righteousness. It will eagerly cast not only the first stone but any other rocks that it can lay it hands on." Wall street Journal Editorial

"We shall have peace in our time!"-Neville Chamberlain, British Prime Minister after the appeasement of Hitler in Munich, shortly before the second World War.

"I hereby claim this land as a colony of West Virginia!"- Okay that was my state's Secretary of State Joe Mansion, he had waded off a boat and onto the beach at Myrtle Beach, Virginia (Whose business is mainly West Virginans on vacation) and planted West Virginia's flag.

"This is not a peace, this is a cease fire for twenty years!"-Field Marshall Foch, head of French Military upon the signing of the Armistice at the end of World War I. (I think he was right, give or take about 90 days.)