FREMENEYES

flybyjack76ers1

Orange stuff (the spice can be any color, I don't remember Frank Herbert giving some info about that) doesn't need to stay orange. It's like you dissovle a specefic matter in water, it can change of color too.

Or the spice goes through a chemical reaction, and the residu is blue

Acriku: That's how I pictured it. Then again, I saw the movie first.

Flybyjack76ers: The Fremens' eyes (called the "Eyes of the Ibad" by the Fremen) are blue withing blue. That is to say, they have no whites. I've never seen anyone like that.

And the blue eyes, as well as making Fremen look mysterious/bad-ass, also acts as a light filter, allowing them to see in the white Arrakeen sun (Canopus) with more clarity than someone not addicted to the Spice.

well, from my reading of the book, the pure essense, what spice really is, I thought it said it was blue. From the prequels and frank's books. that means that the pure stuff is blue in my opinion. i hve heard others say that part of the melange molecule is identical to cinnamon. That is what the DE says. So it could give off the hue that cinnamon bark does, which is brownish. Anyways.lol I think that it is blue from my readings.

I was talking to a friend about this and he said that it could be from their stilsutes. Since they wear them eather all the time or part time, he said thats when it starts to work. Like in EBFD, the fremens eyes go from blue to brown and back to blue.

Question! acording to the frank herbarts movie it takes about 10-12 years for their eyes to turn blue or if you drink the water of life, then why is pauls eyes blue when he hasnt been their very long and hadnt taken the water of life yet? ???

I was talking to a friend about this and he said that it could be from their stilsutes. Since they wear them eather all the time or part time, he said thats when it starts to work. Like in EBFD, the fremens eyes go from blut to brown and back to blue.

No. I don't know where your friend could have got that idea. It says clearly in the book that the blue eyes are from melange addiction. Besides, how would wearing a suit change one's eye colour?

The twelve years until eye colour change is something unique to the miniseries. In Dune, there is no set time for eyes to change colour, it depends on how adicted you are to the spice. Fremen would be born with blue in blue eyes as they would become addicted within the womb. Off worlders who came to dune would slowly have there eyes turn blue, depending ont ehre exposer tot he spice. Those living on off-world food, and therefore not ingesting near as much spice as if they ate native food, would only ahve the slightest tint of blue int he whites of there eyes, while fremen would have complete blue-in-blue eyes with no whites, iris, or pupils (that you can see, of course they still exist, they are just entirly hidden by the blue "dye").

but they say that by the time a FRYMEN child in is 12 the eyes are blue.. they live around it all they're lives and it take twelve years im sure they got 5 times more spice then paul did in 2 years

Once again, you are thinking about the miniseries. Only in the miniseries does it take twelve years for children to acquire the blue in blue eyes. Cut down on contact/CGI costs. In the books they are born blue due to there mothers addiction.