Greatest things about Morrowind

TMA_1

What do you guys think is the best part about it? I think that it is just so expansive and that it really gets you into the game. The music is great and the graphics are just plain beautiful. I love the depth of the game. what are your guy's opinion?

The graphics are good, the lightning and rain however is excellent. The game is huge and lengthy. You won't finish this one in a week (unless you maybe play 24/7). There are a lot of things to discover, like how to create potions from the herbs you collect.

A bit of a downside in my opinion, is are the amount of quests one can receive. Especially in big towns, the way to your destination can be very difficult to find IMO. But overal an excellent game. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

• 8 months later...

Well, I just got my copy of Morrowind, and I'd have to say it is pretty incredible. I'm a veteran of playing RPG MUDs, so it was refreshing to see a RPG with pictures. The best thing that I can think of is the stealth system. Sneaking around, stealing people's possessions, ah doesn't get any better than that. I'm a Khajiit, with a stealth class, so sneaking is my trade. I also love how immersive the NPCs are, and how more dynamic they are than Daggerfall. I probably should have waited a few more weeks for the Game of the Year edition, coming out late this month, which includes the PC expansions with the game.

I've always liked the diversity of the game. You can be and do almost anything. I also like the amount of missions, as well as areas of exploration (tombs, ruins, mines). There's also a very nice variety of weapons and armour types.

The only thing I don't really like is how regular townspeople never go anywhere (i.e. home, for sleep and food). It would have been nice if characters were programmed to go home at certain times at night (or, on the odd occasion, go to a tavern or something).

‘’Well, I just got my copy of Morrowind, and I'd have to say it is pretty incredible. I'm a veteran of playing RPG MUDs, so it was refreshing to see a RPG with pictures. The best thing that I can think of is the stealth system. Sneaking around, stealing people's possessions, ah doesn't get any better than that.’’

From the stealth skills Iv’e seen, most are actually psuedo-stealth brute force skills…. (of course all I’ve seen is the skills page)

‘’The only thing I don't really like is how regular townspeople never go anywhere (i.e. home, for sleep and food). It would have been nice if characters were programmed to go home at certain times at night (or, on the odd occasion, go to a tavern or something).’’

Arcanum has that

‘’’Also, actually talking people, or at least talking main characters will make the game better.’’’

Arcanum has that too:D

To me this game pretty much seems like a poor man’s version of Arcanum, although admittedly Arcanum is 2D and almost isometric

‘’Well, I just got my copy of Morrowind, and I'd have to say it is pretty incredible. I'm a veteran of playing RPG MUDs, so it was refreshing to see a RPG with pictures. The best thing that I can think of is the stealth system. Sneaking around, stealing people's possessions, ah doesn't get any better than that.’’

From the stealth skills Iv’e seen, most are actually psuedo-stealth brute force skills…. (of course all I’ve seen is the skills page)

‘’The only thing I don't really like is how regular townspeople never go anywhere (i.e. home, for sleep and food). It would have been nice if characters were programmed to go home at certain times at night (or, on the odd occasion, go to a tavern or something).’’

Arcanum has that

‘’’Also, actually talking people, or at least talking main characters will make the game better.’’’

Arcanum has that too:D

To me this game pretty much seems like a poor man’s version of Arcanum, although admittedly Arcanum is 2D and almost isometric

Shenmue had those to :) and the weather system of 1986 done precisily :)

''The games are entirely different really. Morrowind's main attracting feature is its complete lack of linearity, I'd say it is less linear than any game on the market. ''

Are you sure were speaking about the same game here (being compared to Morrow wind)?

The main point of Arcanum is it's complete lack of linearity.

Of course, that might not have been you're reason for saying that Arcunum is completely different to Morrow wind... (just making an assumption)

''Shenmue had those to and the weather system of 1986 done precisily ''

Are you saying that Shenmue was made in 1986? if so, how could they possibly replicate a weather system precisely with such tecknology?