Dune 3000: Evolution (StarCraft Total Conversion)

Silen

No. Game not finished, but will soon be made demo version for Atreides with campaign. Will in the same way use units and building of other houses.

What about playeble houses... its Atreides (with Fremen), Ordos and Harkonen (with Sardukar). Worm will possible control In some missions... Its possible consider a separate side? ;D

...more screenshots: http://redsys.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=http://redsys.ru/modules/gallery/scrnmod

08_G.gif

People i am from Silen cause my english better then him ;)

Every quastions send me

First to VidiWare: i will ask Silen about it, but i think that it will be russian and if it will Silen would not translate it cause his english not very good :P

Second to DukeLeto: why i have loaded some mods for SC and it work on my XP :D :) 8)

Silen have win2k and win98se may be he will check it 8)

i could almost quote myself -> i did say starcraft was very moddable. But i thought starcraft mods was dying because of the very old graphics and the guys from Campaign Creations didn't believe it possible to enhance it somehow -> maybe they do now...

(off topic)

Starcraft is the best RTS from a map maker point of view since each map has the capacity to be a unique game onto itself. Age of Kings comes close -> but isn't too user friendly. But alas Starcraft still has the most potential -> i don't know if WarCraft3 has a comparable maptool to StarEdit. Why was Westwood so pathetic when it came to custom maps/scenarios? Their map tool looks unprofesional compared to StarEdit. Emperor wouldv'e been an all time great if we could have a StarEdit type program and if it supported MULTIPLAYER!!!! trigers and scripts. i will never buy another Westwood game again because they let us down big time >:( >:( >:(

i could almost quote myself -> i did say starcraft was very moddable.

That's moronic. You can't add units, weapons, buildings, etc, save for editing and making buildable Hero units. StarDraft and StarGraft-created mods don't work with NT/XP/2000. You need a new version of StarDrfat/StarGraft every time StarCraft is updated. Heck, the fact you need those programs in the FIRST PLACE says that it's not very moddable. And Blizzard openly says they DO NOT want you to mod. Very moddable? In your dreams.

As for the map editor, what good are UMS maps? They don't count toward your rating. All people create with the map editor is mega-money maps and UMS cr*p. Sounds like a let-down to me...

And the tanks look like they hover because the units in StarCraft look like they hover. Blizzard hasn't fully grpsed the concept of "treads" yet. ::)

PS: Son't you dare to contradict any of this post. It's all true, and you d*mn well know it.

They don't count toward your rating.

Oh -> that explains you, me, i play for the fun of the game. It is always sad to meet those who need a rating to boost their failing self-respect. And i will contradict one of your far fetched comments, i do dare -> unless you think you are a moderator here?

User made maps in SC can be almost as good as mods in themselves since they can change the nature of the game completely. You want an example? How about this then: 2player, pirate vs law-enforcer-fleet, constant AI trade fleet movement through stage, pirate must build+maintain hidden base and must capture trade ships and bring to base for money, enforcer fleet must destroy pirate ships/rescue trade ships for money ect.

Result: cool multiplayer action game that look like starcraft but is highly original.

Difficult to make: i don't think so.

There are a million different games one could make out of Starcraft without too much trouble exept it takes some imagination.

But clearly there are those who has no imagination.