dune on 486

Guest Duke_Killersiil

jeesh Ex your sure the one to correct people ;) ;) I downloaded dune II but its not working, i get to the house choosing screen and i click on a house and hte arrow disappears and nothing happens

-note dune2 is now considered abandonware so i got it from free oldies

jeesh Ex your sure the one to correct people ;) ;) I downloaded dune II but its not working, i get to the house choosing screen and i click on a house and hte arrow disappears and nothing happens

-note dune2 is now considered abandonware so i got it from free oldies

perhaps you have turned on the CD-sound...

Driver problem. I'm not sure if it's the fault of win ME or your soundcard. I think you have a SB Live! and since he uses an emulation program for DOS applications this may give some problems

Both, actually. I have an SB PIC64, which has tons of driver issues under Windows ME even with the latest updates. And Windows ME is just generally DOS-unfriendly. Actually, I'm surprised it runs Dune II at all, so I'm not really complaining...

Driver problem. I'm not sure if it's the fault of win ME or your soundcard. I think you have a SB Live! and since he uses an emulation program for DOS applications this may give some problems

Both, actually. I have an SB PIC64, which has tons of driver issues under Windows ME even with the latest updates. And Windows ME is just generally DOS-unfriendly. Actually, I'm surprised it runs Dune II at all, so I'm not really complaining...

quite funny is that Win XP is way more friendly to Dune II then Win ME. Win 98 works well with Dune II as does Win 95.

quite funny is that Win XP is way more friendly to Dune II then Win ME. Win 98 works well with Dune II as does Win 95.

What about win2k?

well, you can ofcourse install both win2k and win98.

one for standard use, one for dune2 ;) but it will be easier to just install DOS 6.2 i think (dunno if it works though)

o_O winME, win2k AND win98 on one system...well that *would* leave me with just enough HD space to run Dune II...:P