Hey You..!!!

montego

The only purpose for this is to say hello to all of you...

why not tell everyone a little about yourselves, and maybe it'll make us better able to understand where our neighbors are coming from...

My name is Fred, and i'm a 38-year old self employed carpenter/painter...

I'm married (for all intents and purposes), with three children...

I go way back to the old Commodore 64/128 days - writing bbs software (Color 64 BBS V8) with my best friend Anthony ... when a 20 megabyte bbs was a big deal, And rock 'n' roll meant Ratt, Motley Crue, and big hair, lol ...

I've noticed that some people seem to often PO each other, and a lot of it has to do with people really not knowing the people they are hanging out with on these sites. After all, the people on the web are really no different than they were in the glory days of bbs's, with one major exception - They don't really know each other like they did then ... They still have the same interests though - They usually fit into one of three groups ... One, the talkers - they like the message boards, forums, etc... two, leeches. Yes, I confess - I too have gone on MP3 binges, lol... These folks like to download, download, download... three, gamers ... nuff said!

Now, 99% of the people online do one of these things regularly, but they miss the closeness of the community bbs. I suggest that you all tell as much about youself as you're comfortable with. You'd be surprised at who the people you converse with will be from, and the diverse views they can offer...

BTW, I'm from Baltimore Maryland USA, about 40 miles (65km) from Washington D.C. ... I have also lived in Colorado Springs Colorado, and San Jose, California...

Well, seeing as I have nothing better to do, what the hell. As you can see from my post under water of death, I am from Walkerton Ontario, a very famous place latley. We even made the front page of the North Korean Newspaper. I just got accepted into a co-op program with the local police force, so starting either september or february I will spend 5 months working for them. My favourite class is pyschology, which I had a 93 in at the end of the year, with a 94 test average (that includes 3 100%) and a 98 on the exam. (What was that killar rodent called me? An idiot?) I am looking towards a career as a detective with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I am on a rep soccer team that is undefeated so far this year, I enjoy reading, hanging with friends, etc, etc (god, this sounds like a personal ad!) and my favourite books are Dune and The Crystal Cave. I also really enjoy Tom Clancy. I am a history buff, espacially when it comes to good old Arthurian legends and the Roman empire.

Well, now I got to go. I've bored you all enough.

I wish my hotmail was working so I could log in here and get these posts listed!

well, it's bedtime, but i got a few minutes to spare.

I'm 15 yrs old, live in Texas, and am a Christian. Which doesn't mean i don't do weird stuff...such as carve my name in the front lawn with the weedwacker or apply for credit cards over the phone, or sign my friends up for weight watcher's programs. i'm a big dune freak, love Tom Clancy (Jack Ryan's my hero), and am big into theater. I currently act in my spare time and get paid to program lights and sound for various theatrical shows for various companies and schools. My partner and I make a lotta money that way.

ummmmmmm, let's see, what else is there? I got a big 'ol head ache right now (i just finished whooping up on some cussers who thought it fun to do a 2 against me game, but found even a Christian can become angry enough to tear out eyeballs). If i think of anything else, i'll let ya'll know!

I am MechaDragon and I have a profile!

but...

I am a 23 year old parapsychologist and philosopher. I actually do as little as possible and live as much as a true bon vivant (french for "good life") as humanly possible.

I collect cars as a hobby. I love Porsches. (pronounced por-shuh!) I have a 914, a 944 and a 928. I also have a DeLorean and a Jaguar XJ6. (None are for sale so don't bother emailing me)

I am also the webmaster of...

Parapyschologist? You mean like the ghostbusters? Cool.

(I know, I know, the ghostbusters arn't real. Too bad. I used to want to be one when I was a little kid.)

(Oh, and seeing as you can only read this, I want you to know that I was NOT being sarcastic)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am MechaDragon and I have a profile!<p>but...<p>I am a 23 year old parapsychologist and philosopher. I actually do as little as possible and live as much as a true bon vivant (french for "good life") as humanly possible.<p>I collect cars as a hobby. I love Porsches. (pronounced por-shuh!) I have a 914, a 944 and a 928. I also have a DeLorean and a Jaguar XJ6. (None are for sale so don't bother emailing me)<p>I am also the webmaster of...

this, i justfound, is the earliest example of leet in this site:

mechadragons name is composed of partial full leet, ie the m,(v), and the d,[).

just like to point that out, there.