KYOTO = BULLSHITO

Navaros

What a joke! Like *that's* gonna end pollution or increase the average person's lifespan by even a year! Utter crap!

If they REALLY wanted to end pollution and stop toxins from poisoning the air we breathe the solution is simple:

BAN *ALL* VEHICLES WHICH EMIT TOXINS INTO THE AIR!!! MAKE THEM ILLEGAL! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Saddam is being forced to disarm?! How about disarming the perfectly-legal deathtraps known as gasoline-using cars???!!!

Here is what EVERYTHING that would happen if all toxin-producing cars were declared illegal:

1. The Big Oil Companies would go out of business. Boo-Hoo!!!!

2. The intake of toxic air by every human being would be reduced by 100 000 MILLION PERCENT over the course of his life time and people would start living to be 800 or 900 yrs old just like they did back in Biblical times.

3. Within 6 months, every car-making company in the universe would have unleashed tons of new cars that do not use gasoline emit ZERO toxins, ever!

4. No one would EVER HAVE TO PAY FOR GAS or *ANY* other type of fuel ever again! You could go anywhere and do anything without ever having to be extorted by wasting money to fuel up your car with poison that is killing you just to make the Big Oil Companies more rich.

It makes me sick when I see on the news people supporting Kyoto like it's actually gonna make the tiniest iota of difference at all.

Forget about disarming foreign leaders.

DISARM POISONING OUR AIR, WATER, FOOD, AND PLANET! There must be no exscuses, and *NO* exceptions!

it's *very* viable idea once people understand what it would mean.

who wouldn't want to live 800 years longer if it meant a bit of inconvenience for a few years? cars are not necessary for survival and there would be a huge influx of non-toxic cars in a VERY short period of time if the manufacturers were no longer allowed to make murderous cars.

complacency will be the death of mankind. complacent in killing ourselves because doing so seems "convenient" for a moment in time

hmmm Navaros has a point here though. I too think that it realy is getting time to change or policy towards pollution. A world without cars is almost unthinkable nowaday considering the urgence to transport goods from one place to another. But there MUST be a way to build cars that do not pollute the world and are still quite cheap. I'm not even sure what the role of the Oil barons is in all this.

He has a big point, you are all lazy people, you don't want to surrender some luxury. And now you are devastating this world, so your desendants can't live in it anymore.

I made a website with some others about the global warming (www.xs4all.nl/~kkptt/broeikaseffect) unfortunality this one is dutch. But maybe you can find a translator. We concluded that people say that they want to improve the world, and reduce pollution. But they don't want to surrender a THING for it.

Sure it will cost jobs. But they can get to work in new projects. Like the research to the fuel cells. Or programs to remove cars from the road, by example to improve the public transport.

And then you have the research to nucleair fusion...

And then you have the oil companies. Who are very frightened for single people which such new inventions. And they are dangerous. But when all people realize the new inventions and methods. Then you will make the change.

And it may be already a hated phrase, but it still counts 'the change start with yourself'

yes, that's true, but consider one thing though. How do you want to transport goods from one place to another, like food and stuff?. I mean cities don't produce much food so they are dependant on the farmers and stuff. And that's all great. But transporting those goods is not easy. You'll need vehicles for that

hmm k, subways then? can transport a lot in a short time. and since it's under the ground no one has a problem with it. It takes long to build though and is quite expensive.

Or people should leave the cities and spread all over the country so getting food isn't that hard anymore. But that would result that we're going back into the middle ages and is way less effective. So we should take some time to find out a useful option

It is kind of true but it is would be extremely hard to do. To ban gasoline cars, you would have to make every nation do that, because if only one nation does that, it would go through a period of time when it will be very vulnerable to foreign invasion - just think of it, no means of private transportation for a long period of time. Every car user would like a refund for their car and it will cost the govt and car companies incredible amounts of money. Not only that, but what should we do with those millions of cars??

I see the only way of accomplishing these is to mae a law the says that you must transform your car into an electric car or suffer a penalty.

yeah, people don't want to give up the car, i'm not even sure if i want to. Because if i want to go to the city i only have to go 7 miles, that's not so bad by bike. but a major city is 35 miles away. That is not realy doable by bike.

Oh yes I forgot another main point.

With no private transportation the economy of a country will crumble, because it will be hard for people to go to work. Factories will close, government will run out of money because no one will pay the taxes. This will lead to an eventual downfall of the country as a whole.

Shell and other big oil companies have already the means to make very good cars etc.. which don't need fuel like we know it.

The earn BILJARDS (MILJARDS but then more ;)) with selling oil, so they will not allow cheap transport to happen unless they are out of oil.

So it is all the fault of oil company's (monopoly position) and governments which also earn on oil.

Well, until somebody invents the teleporter like the ones in star trek, I cant see myself giving up my two cars that assist me in my personal transportation.

I have tried all alternatives -

electric cars - range is not long enough and not enough recharge filling points.

lpg cars - range is great but filling points are sparse. You would have to give up the luggage compartment to accomodate the conversion, and the range of cars that are suitable are presently limited - but I am sure it will improve.

Sharing a car pool. I have tried that too - it causes fights, either somebody is late, somebody is early, or somebody is missing in the pool.

Buses. I have tried that too. Buses are over crowded, hostile, and always late. If it isnt that then they either dont show up at all or change the route without warning. They can only take me to a certain point in my journey before I have to hire a cab to finish the journey off. And what about shopping? How would I get my goods back? Sure, I can buy my goods online and have them delivered to my door - but what are they using to deliver?

Trains. A complete joke - 90% late for more the half an hour, and if it isnt late, it wont show up at all. A leaf on a track, or a bit of wind will stop the trains, or they will crash.

Walk. Fair enough, I am lucky I am fit and healthy - what about those who arent and rely on mobile transport. Disabled people have it a billion times worse - these people always fit last in the equasion of government thinking.

So, in a nutshell, I am forced to pay extortionate amounts of money to run my two cars. Fuel is

So why u need 2 cars ::)

And walking is not an option, i am not going to walk from New Castle to Londen !!!

Two cars? One for commerical use, the other for pleasure, although they do both count for pleasure. However, if one breaks down I have at least got the other.

the "non" polluting car has allready been invented it's just a matter of time and ethics before it will start beating of the gaz-driven cars. I actually agree with Nav, however illegalizing all gaz-driven vehicles will create chaos, all transport will die and we would be beat back to the stoneage.

We as humans just needs to get a higher moral when it comes to pollution, and stop acting like we got this planet from our parents when infact we borrowed it from our children.

Hmm, if you have 2 cars on your own, they pollute as much as one, (apart from the construction etc.) unless you can drive 2 at the same time...

But that's also the point, people who are complaining about that they are a quarter slower with other transport then cars. But you should surrender that piece of luxury. Like it shouldn't be 'normal' that you could reach the other side of the world in 24 hours...