What is your religion?

Buddism sure doesnt. Hell, in Buddism you go to hell for just killing a chicken, unless u need it to survive of course.... :)

But in saying that, you are saying they advocate peace with the animals are you not?

So they advocate peace...

[quote author=ExAtreides

Ok, and Dust Scout, which part of "Thou shall not kill" don't you understand? Christianity is 100% against violence. Some idiots want to start wars in the name of God, but that's only an excuse. Religion is the excuse, not the cause.

If I started a war in YOUR name (even though you explicitely told me not to), would that be your fault?

Interesting... Very interesting... I can see where you're coming from and I admit that wasn't an angle I had considered. On the other hand, I'd be pretty pissed off if someone started a war in my name after I had told them not to, wouldn't I try to get them to stop rather than relying on all the stuff I'd done before? What I'm saying is, holy wars have been going on for centuries, wouldn't a deity have done something about it by now?

And Emprworm, I didn't say (Or at least I don't think I said) anything about eliminating war by eliminating religion, although maybe my english was worded somewhat badly. But I do think that it would decrease the ammount of violence by a significant percentage.

And humans kill because it is their nature. Our bodies are built to hunt, not graze, although some of that ability has been forsaken by the evolution of the brain, appologies to anyone who doesn't believe in evolution.

And Emprworm, I didn't say (Or at least I don't think I said) anything about eliminating war by eliminating religion, although maybe my english was worded somewhat badly. But I do think that it would decrease the ammount of violence by a significant percentage.

it depends upon which religion you eliminate. if you eliminate Islam, then yes, you will eliminate a lot of violence. Islam was birthed in violence. The supreme leader and ultimate example for all Islam was Muhammad, a violent man who killed legions of people, conquering the entire Arabian penninsula with the sword.

The supreme leader and ultimate example for Christianity is Jesus, a peaceful man who killed no one.

it depends upon which religion you eliminate. if you eliminate Islam, then yes, you will eliminate a lot of violence. Islam was birthed in violence. The supreme leader and ultimate example for all Islam was Muhammad, a violent man who killed legions of people, conquering the entire Arabian penninsula with the sword.

The supreme leader and ultimate example for Christianity is Jesus, a peaceful man who killed no one.

Be careful! Be VERY careful. Statements like that about religion or religious leaders/founders are a bad idea. They have a tendancy to become violent.

I try to see things the fair way. MOST of the time.

He may have been a good teacher, but letting people kill him and then in the Bible states how he died for everybody makes me confused on how you can call him a supreme leader. Let's follow his ways and all die willingly for that is what our supreme leader did, and maybe (just maybe!) we can be called great men with miracle powers in a best-seller book! *

*This is from an observer's point of view in that time.

Well I'll hold the [hide]mighty words of Myself[/hide] to Myself ;).

TMA I was just wondering how an observer of Jesus's life would perceive things without knowledge of him as the messiah. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was just wondering.

It talks about it in the bible. Some people regarded him as the long awaited messiah. Some saw him as the reincarnated elijah (some jews did believe in reincarnation, bet some people didnt know that.) Some people believed he was another new prophet. The people that knew though by God's will that he was the messiah that would nto destroy the roman empire but the messiah that first had to redeem people from sin.

Jezisko, co to tu o tebe kecaju tito voli?

Only supreme leader of christians is God. Jesus was, and now Holy Father is his "ambassador" on Earth. If he redeemed us, I don't know, I'll find out after death. But he preached good things, which were loved by his followers.