Butlerian Jihad Reading Club

Mahdi

i finished early this morning

and i may have a bit of inside info... can ya tell me

[hide] serena and Tio Holtzman made invented the first guild heighliner.. she was grasping the fact on folding space.. true?[/hide]

[hide]No not Serena, it was Norma, Tio's assistant[/hide]

yeah thats what i meant

[hide] and Norma should get the credit.. she proved Tio wrong a lot and she thought of a lot of the things or made them possible.. such genius...[/hide]

me finished reading book

[hide] ok, they say that atreides stole the omnius update before it could get to other planets, but it also said that the other titans went to other planets to exterminate humans. could they not have told the omnius of the revolts? i guess they could not have known about the attack on earth.[/hide]

[hide]Well I know why Erasmus didn't tell that Omnius what happened:

The Corrin-Omnius did not know how badly the robot's wager and the loyalty test had turned out with his counterpart on Earth. Erasmus had learned a significant lesson from the wildfire of rebellion he had inadvertently fostered, but the data had raised a host of new questions. He did not want the evermind to engage in a full-scale war of eradication, committing genocide against all human captives on the Syncronized Worlds--even if he had to discreetly keep certain subsets of information to himself.[/hide]

[hide] yes i knew that but thanks for clearing it up for others who didnt know that. another question:

why did atreides leave the update ship intact after stealing omnius. (other than didnt want to kill friend) seurat could tell about sheilds and atomics(although obvious on earth). and yes i know it said they would just keep flying into vast space off to somewhere unknown.[/hide]

[hide]It's my opinion that Vor had a deep relationship with Seurat, a very good friendship, so instead of putting him totally offline which he might not be able to bear, he just left him. This would make for an interesting plot if they do find Seurat and bring him back online.

I have a question. Remember when an omnius fell into Arrakis and was swallowed by the sandworm (but not before burning that bastard to a crisp ;))? I was half-expecting the omnius to burn itself through the sandworm upon the engulfing of it, but nothing happened. Maybe this will be explained later?[/hide]

[hide] im not sure, im pretty sure the picture on cover of book depicts it, and it clearly shows something going through the worm. also why didnt omnious descend on other planets nearby and colonize them(ie. where the tlulaxa got slaves and by the probes) i doubt that arrakis is the closest planet that it colonized. also when it landed on dune and made a crator shouldnt the crator have hardend by the immense heat of collision? maybe omnious cut the worm all up but it was too late under the wieght of all sand ansd was crushed or unable to move[/hide]

Yay i got the book from my local *censored* library

i am only in the first parts..

[hide]

whare there battleing in the city..and the hark is in command and you got the gundamns...er "cymecks" running around killing stuff..its kinda cool so far....even though its a little weird seing a hark be a good guy...

[/hide]

[hide]

i noticed another little historical thing mr herbert did. Selim...you reamber him dont you..Was a sultan in the ottoman empire. one of the greatest...if your a ottoman...just something i thought was kind of funny.i keep picturing selim riding a sandworm lamo..go otto go...

Barberossa? odd....the surprise invasion of the soivet union...

[/hide]

I've read the precuals and I prefer them over the Jihad book, still I don't really find them great. They werequick readen and I felt like they where for a younger audience (no offence) but Franks way of writing was much more complex and detailed. That's also why I'd prefer Franks notes for the 7th novelle to be released rather than KJA and BH making it. But that's just my opinion.