the sky isnt the limit

TLContaminator

Yes your right about that, 1 Gunship is like 2 Ornithopters combined together, but can't attack 2 target at the same time, have slightly less armor than 2 Ornithopters and have 1/2 the speed. They're only worth $500-$600 at the most. Or the Gunship should cost atleast $1500 if the Ornithopters does worth $1000.

no, 1 ornithopter isn't worth the price tag so don't think 2 ornithopters are.

Believe me on my word that I build alot of AA, as much times as I can I build groups of 10 AA Troopers (with Ordos :)) and spread them through my base, and still I was defeated/lost some buildings because of Ornithopters...

Believe me, if your on full alert and Ornithopters still successfully destroy a building of yours...... (ur s***)

Have some AA mine in your base as well as outside your base. DON'T place them together tightly. Have ATLEAST 5 AA trooper next to each important building, 1-2 AA mine on top of each important build and last of all have some APC's as early defence. Ornithopters? With this defence, even Gunships will die like flies.

no, the aa mine does not equals the disadvantagous of an non-aa turret.

the atreides have their air drone, the ordos an aa mine and the harkonen an adp.

the atreides an rocket turret, the harkonen an gunturret and the ordos? an lousy small range pop op turret!

Yes i know the AA mine isn't other house's counter-part, but the AA mine's highly effective AA capability will compensate a little. But no matter how is it expained, that just does not compensate enough the equalize it.

And yes your right with that too. Atreidies general tactic is to defend, Ordos's tactic general tactic is to rush, and Harkonnen's general tactic could be both(I'm not sure actually). Since Ordos's tactic is mainly rushing, it wouldn't need a defence structure, but thats just like handycaping them, so they'll need to something for them too, and thats the lousy turret(I think)

Have some AA mine in your base as well as outside your base. DON'T place them together tightly. Have ATLEAST 5 AA trooper next to each important building, 1-2 AA mine on top of each important build and last of all have some APC's as early defence. Ornithopters? With this defence, even Gunships will die like flies.

Sure, i'll use the layout above and see you'll destroy more things or i will. That layout could defend against atleast 10 'thopters.

no, when you have this aa defence i would probebly have about 40 gunships, enough to rip apart any ordos base.

and for each important building? thats gonna be a lot of AA fire.....

Important building includes constructionyard, warfactory, refinery, starport, etc,etc.

no, when you have this aa defence i would probebly have about 40 gunships, enough to rip apart any ordos base.

With such a force of Gunships, i'll doubt i'll even let half of the force go half-way. If i see you mass producing it, im sure i'll be on extreme alert and be prepared for it.