the sky isnt the limit

TLContaminator

i had 2 i told one to attack the other and saw that the second raises and the first flyed under him and when he second try to move the first moved under him and the second couldnt retun to normal hight unless i ordered the first to stop.

so i added more and more that each one that i builded i ordered to attack the lowest one

Well I play Emperor on the resolution 1024x768, so I have a nice view of the battlefield when I zoom out. I've watched infantry units taken up by the Coriolos storm for the entire duration they've been circling in the twister once, and they keep going so high that they eventually disappeared! ;D

In the books, the Coriolos storm is so fierce that it will "tear the flesh from your bones, and then grind those bones to dust". Yes you're right there Anna lover, but the reason you still see infantry that haven't been turned to dust in the storm is because:

1. Westwood was too lazy to create the animation.

2. If you could actually see the infantry being torn apart, then the game might get a R+18 rating, instead of MA15+.

IMO, there was no way the Westwood could accurately simulate the Duneuniverse completely accurately. Take the Holtzmann effect for example. Shooting an Ordos shielded unit with a laser would produce a much more devastating explosion than that which is seen in the game. According to the books, the explosion would be like a small atomic bomb. Can you imagine that in the game? 1 shot, and boom!! There goes the entire battlefield. ::) ;D

I seriously do not think that the Death hand missile simulates a large atomic warhead properly. They probably just said that the Death hand carried it for dramatization purposes. I don't remember a Death hand being launched in the books, or a description of its effects in the Duneuniverse, so I can't compare it to the real game. But I don't think the that Death hand (in Emperor Battle for Dune) simulates an atomic warhead (even a small one) very realistically at all. Besides, like I said earlier, it would be impractical for Westwood to accurately simulate the complexities of the Duneuniverse. Do you Westwood would rather make a game that people like better, or a game where Dune is so harsh that people get so frustrated and end up hating it? e.g. The Coriolos is so weak compared to what it sounded like in the Dune books.

Well according to the book, should people thats caught in the twister be turned into dust? Why would you still see the infantry in one piece in the storm?

what the book means is the storms that prevent you from fighting in a teratory in the campain

the storms that prevent you from fighting in a teratory in the campain

are the one that turns people to dust!