Good Computer?

ethan

This is the specs of my new computer.....

AMD Duron XP 1200+

256 SDRAM

48x CD-Rom (being upgraded to DVD Drive)

64SDRAM MSI Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420 (Arriving Tommorow)

Integrated Sound

17 inch moniotor

MS ergonomic keyboard

MS Intellimouse

OLD SPEAKERS!!! (yeah im on it)

Good? only $350!

DEFINATELY good for $350.

But that's nothing compared to AMD Athlon XP 1800 with 512 MB of RAM, A 16x DVD-Burner, 48x CD-ROM drive, flat-panel monitor, etc...I just wish I had a few things:

ANYTHING better than my cruddy GeForceII, and a braodband connection.

DEFINATELY good for $350.

But that's nothing compared to AMD Athlon XP 1800 with 512 MB of RAM, A 16x DVD-Burner, 48x CD-ROM drive, flat-panel monitor, etc...I just wish I had a few things:

ANYTHING better than my cruddy GeForceII, and a braodband connection.

You mean kind of like what I have ;D

This is the specs of my new computer.....

AMD Duron XP 1200+

256 SDRAM

48x CD-Rom (being upgraded to DVD Drive)

64SDRAM MSI Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420 (Arriving Tommorow)

Integrated Sound

17 inch moniotor

MS ergonomic keyboard

MS Intellimouse

OLD SPEAKERS!!! (yeah im on it)

Good? only $350!

Depends on what kind of games ou like to play. If you like RTS game like emperor, then it is probably fine. If you like fps games like tribes 2, then you'll probably want to get an Athlon XP, and geforce 4 ti instead of your respective Duron, and gefroce 4 mx. (an upgrade to DDR memory would also be recommended)

i bought WinRocket and it sped it up alot!

Roxorax, thats when you have plenty of money. I dont.

you can play Max Payne very very smoothly with a GeForce2MX 400

and for DDR ram, i would need a new motherboard (just bought one for $89 with the Duron onboard).

it was a b**** to put together, let me tell you.

what are you talking about razorox??? I play it smoothly on my duron 750 mhz computer with a geforce 2 mx and 256 megabites of ram. you guys just dont know how to manage computer games for better speeds.

What are you referring to as "it"? If oyur referring to emperor than yes of course you can play it smoothly tha's what I said... If oyu want to play any recent FPS games smoothly with that, you WILL be able to still, just need to turn the graphics down a lot.

I am referign to tribes 2. And no I have all the highest level graphics up. I just push it down to 16 bit color and cant tell a large difference. 32 bit graphics is cool but it really isnt amazing. soon though they are going to take away 16 bit and force true color. kinda a shame.

I am referign to tribes 2. And no I have all the highest level graphics up. I just push it down to 16 bit color and cant tell a large difference. 32 bit graphics is cool but it really isnt amazing. soon though they are going to take away 16 bit and force true color. kinda a shame.

tribes 2 is gonna be a little slow if you have only geforce 2, and want to play a game with 32 players+

well, 32+ would be bad for me. i got analog for cryin out loud!

anyway, the motherboard went haywire. i am pissed. we are sending it sometime this week back to them so they'll fix it.

Hehehe, that's what happens when you don't look at what brand the motherboard is ;D