Superweapons: Why do people hate them in skirmish games?

IxianMace

Well, destroying 1 Mino with a Laser Tank. I'll approach the Mino, and pass it on a distance (2+ clicks) Then I will circle around it (alot of clicks), so the Mino's Bullets are always behind the Laser Tank. In the meanwhile the Laser Tank attacks the Mino and destroys it. And I'll retreat (some more clicks)

Don't argue about the strategy ITSELF. It's just that you can see that I used more then 2 mouse clicks to perform this action

Yes, actually it is. For each mouse click, you have to think. And how more mouse clicks, how more thinking is needed. And thinking = creating strategies. What brings me to another point. Superweapons are preset strategies. While a strategy like engineer rush, is created by someone

That's the same as only THINKING which unit I should attack with that Laser Tank

I think Timenn means that not only do you have to think about which unit to attack with the Laser Tank (which is like thinking where to deploy the Superweapon), but you also have to micromanage the Laser Tank to keep it from taking fire or to keep it alive. With the Superweapon, after you've confirmed where to deploy it, you just click once. That's it. However with the Laser Tank, you have to attack a unit and then 'dance away' or 'do the Laser Tank dance' ;D which equates to more mouse clicks. Since Timenn said that the more mouse clicks required, the more strategy there is, I think he means that the Laser Tank requires more strategy due to the higher number of mouse clicks involved, rather than just the single mouse click for the deployment of the Superweapon.

i like supers. even if though i rarely use em they are always on if u of a mind to make em.

i dont get it, this game is about toys, and the superweapon is just anutha toy to destroy ur enemy, it's fun, and the supers are usefull, but not nessecarily game breakers, all 3 have their uses but all 3 also have their limitations, and like i said its fun, like anutha sub, adds anutha element to the fight, tho most of the time i forget about sups copmpletley, and im the one whose leet sards are at each other's throats, my lasers are runnin offa the map or i just barely beat back a gunship raid on my yard then a nuke drops down and cleans up.

or, at the very least, u get this scenario:

BOB1054: hi (enters stage left, 3 players already in room, sard has not yet changed the map from arprit chard, but sets are 10k no crates nothing elso on except for supers. Bob hits accept immediatly)

sardcore: hi

BOB1054: umm can u turn superweapons off?

sardcore: sorry, sup's are on

BOB1054: o ok, but im gonna leave then.

sardcore: sorry to hear that, bye.

BOB1054: ok im going bye.

sardcore: peace

The moral of the story? ehhe, you dont get it do you, i bet you one of those comin into my room askin me to turn off supers and wonderin why i'd rather keep sup's on than have a full room. peace

Emperor's super weapons don't seem nearly as devastating as the ones in other C&C games but as it has been said already, being able to simply click an icon and attack with impunity kind of detracts from the game IMHO. Duking it out in a long, bloody war of attrition is much more fun ;D

attrition is much more fun ;D

Wars of attrition only occur if there is a Harkonnen player in the game, or if the game is on a non-spice map. Most people find wars of attrition boring and tiresome, simply because they have to rely so much on keeping their own units alive, while destroying the enemy units, and getting an adequate cash flow is impossible. :P