star craft

lost_child

ok smartasses. No unit is just for newbies. every unit can be powerful when used correctly, it's just that newbies can't realy handle units which require a lot of control well

btw, science vessels +emp shockwave rules dark archons and any other toss unit. If you play terran vs. toss, build science vessels. They help out a LOT. and valks are a dangerous option to choose. They are great support units but you can't rely on them totally. Hydra's and dragoons rule valks.

????????? then you must either play on the wrong server or you choose the wrong games because half of the games i play i fight vs. people who DO use EMP, Irradiate, dark swarm, etc. a LOT. Lost temple games often have pretty good player even though they usually opt for the siege tank drop, or muta rush. I've played some nice veteran games where an enemy made a great science vessel combo. 2 science vessels casting irradiate on each other and then flying over my drones. it worked better than i suspected. Luckily i found out soon and could burrow the survivors but the damage was done and they charged for my overlords. It took me quite a bit of microing before i dealt with this problem but it was hopeless anyway. My 2 allies were pretty bad and failing and all the presure was on me. Tanx and templar were moving in and wasting my forces even though i tried to save as many as possible they were just with too many

I like playing with one other person against two Zerg comps. It helps develop skills against fast rushes. I use my own Big Game Hunter maps that I create for that. Nice, with lots of minerals and vespene, but every base area has at least two widely spaced apart entrances so you have to work hard to defend.

ah starcraft computer players are ok but once you found out their routines they're easy to beat. Since they always use attack move it's not hard for a terran player to kill 7 comps no matter what races they are. Well i play on europian server and i don't know what i'm doing wrong :). Because i can rule my friends alone in a 3vs1 but they usually have about the same stats as I do but they often play fastest map ever and BGH. I play Lost Temple, official Blizzard maps and i usually join expert games.

too bad i didn't save the replay of that 3vs1 game :( it was pretty cool. A while ago i played 5th fire, i don't know if you know him but he was 2nd in the starcraft tournament 2 years ago or something. It was one hell of a game. I was defeated eventually but I think i played very well and he told me that I was a very good opponent.