my pathetic strategy....

ethan

IxianMace: What do you mean by "much more difficult", it's IMPOSSIBLE to dodge ANY turrets but Gas-Turret's shots.

This may sound hard to believe, but it is possible to run away from the missiles from a Rocket Turret salvo using Laser Tanks. You shoot the Rocket Turret. The Rocket Turret turns slowly then fires. Just before the Rocket Turret fires (you must judge the turn of the turret yourself), retreat your Laser Tank. With a bit of luck, the missiles will detonate before they reach your Laser Tank. However I must admit this is extremely difficult, and you'll need quite a bit of luck coupled with skill to pull it off. I'd say the best thing to do would be to just use AA Troopers, Mortar Infantry, and Kobras and Rocket Turrets, since Rocket Turrets are weak against infantry, and Kobras can outrange them. Otherwise, if you're going to use Laser Tanks, you'll have to swamp the Rocket Turret with sheer numbers to kill it quickly before it can do too much damage.

Yes, i get your point and your quite right, besides the "weak against infantry" part, it could kill most infantry with one salvo. And AA trooper's range isn't long enough to out-range powered turrets.

Even you could escape the missiles, it's not fair to the turret because its turning rate is quite slow.

:O You don't think a Rocket Turret is weak against infantry? The only infantry unit that a Rocket Turret can kill with 1 salvo is the scout. ::) I didn't say an AA Trooper's range was long enough to out-range the Rocket Turret, I said the Kobra's range was.

I don't care whether you think it's 'fair' to the turret or not. That is not important. You can go and play 'fair', and shoot the turret while it's pointing directly at your units if you like. ::) I prefer to play with more intelligence than that.

Anyway, the point that I'm making is that you should use infantry against Rocket Turrets because Rocket Turrets are weak against infantry. You should also try to outrange turrets if/when you can. It makes more sense to shoot the turret from a safe distance and take no damage as a result, than to run up to it and let it shoot you.

I'll doubt someone would be dumb enough to build a turret facing inwards.

You're missing the point entirely. It doesn't matter which way you build the turret, when turrets have no target, they turn by themselves in any direction they like. Most of the time, the turret will not be pointing directly at the enemy forces, which gives the enemy units some time to shoot the turret and perhaps run away while the turret turns to attack them!!