Nyar...read this and weap! (All others read too)

Razorox

Hey nyar don't I remember you saying...about a week ago something like this:

"The 2.53ghz P4 is faster than anything AMD has to offer now, or in the near future"

Hmmm....Why don't all you intel fanboys read this and weap! ;D

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1685

or

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q3/020821/index.html

or

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzQxLDE=

(so much for your "it's biased" excuse ;))

How do you like them apples nyar (and all you other intel fanboys)? (You know I'm just buggin' you, because of what you said ;))

Yup, excellent score for the Athlon. When you read my reply on the Intel AMD thing, you must have noticed the word currently ;)

You must have noticed that AMD doesn't win all tests. If you've read things well, they had to use an "ice cooler" for the Athlon processors. I doubt any home user will be able to use an "ice cooler" to get the same performance :-

I don't like the last article very much, they overclocked the AMD processors, but din't overclock the Intel processors. And even then, Intel owns the AMD at most tests.

What I also don't understand from the Andtech article, is why they didn't use the PC1066 memory. This would have topped the higher Intel processors better.

Never the less, AMD has come out of the dark with these two processors and will make Intel rethink their strategy.

Btw, for the topic's subject, I'm not wheaping :)

You must have noticed that AMD doesn't win all tests. If you've read things well, they had to use an "ice cooler" for the Athlon processors. I doubt any home user will be able to use an "ice cooler" to get the same performance

The third article said the 2600+ clocked at 2.53Ghtz out of the box with just AIR cooling

2.48 with refrigerant or ice cooling

You must have noticed that AMD doesn't win all tests. If you've read things well, they had to use an "ice cooler" for the Athlon processors. I doubt any home user will be able to use an "ice cooler" to get the same performance

The third article said the 2600+ clocked at 2.53Ghtz out of the box with just AIR cooling

2.48 with refrigerant or ice cooling

I know, but 2.5Ghz because it's overclocked. Standard, the Athlon 2600+ doesn't run at 2.5Ghz..

"While OCing in an open air environment on our test bench with an ambient temperature of 80

Most people don't even know how to OC there CPU's, so it is best to compare the default clock speeds, since that is what 99% of consumers will be running it at...in that case the 2600+ does outperform the P4 2.53ghz, in most disciplines.

So everyone who uses Athlon know how to OC but Intel consumers don't? I'm afraid I don't understand what you have said Raz. Perhaps a little clearing up?

What he's saying is, in the tests, just compare the default clock speeds. Do not look at any overclocked processor. Most users do not know how to overclock any processor, regardless of the brand :).

Most people don't even know how to OC there CPU's, so it is best to compare the default clock speeds, since that is what 99% of consumers will be running it at...in that case the 2600+ does outperform the P4 2.53ghz, in most disciplines.

You might want to recheck the tests again.

Intel whooped AMD in 33 tests... AMD whooped Intel in 23 tests (all articles together) ;D

Intel may have the fastest processor now but is definetly not worth the price. You can buy like a dual amd 2100+ xp computer for that and that is just way faster. So agreed intel has the fastest processor but it's just too expensive to be worth the money. And besides AMD will soon come with it's 64 bit processor, before intel does

So everyone who uses Athlon know how to OC but Intel consumers don't? I'm afraid I don't understand what you have said Raz. Perhaps a little clearing up?

What he's saying is, in the tests, just compare the default clock speeds. Do not look at any overclocked processor. Most users do not know how to overclock any processor, regardless of the brand :).

Thank you for clarifying that nyar.

You might want to recheck the tests again.

Intel whooped AMD in 33 tests... AMD whooped Intel in 23 tests (all articles together) ;D

Well...at a glance it appeared that the AMD outperformed the Intel in at least half of the tests, I must have been mistaken though. You must have a lot of time on your hands to go through all those articles, and count which processor won which test ;D. I just heard recently that the P4 2.8ghz was released! Damn those intel bastards to hell!

Well...at a glance it appeared that the AMD outperformed the Intel in at least half of the tests, I must have been mistaken though. You must have a lot of time on your hands to go through all those articles, and count which processor won which test ;D. I just heard recently that the P4 2.8ghz was released! Damn those intel bastards to hell!

You mean this atricle ? ;D

Funniest part in there: "Recent events in the world of CPUs have been comparable to a duel on a lonely German autobahn on a warm summer night: the big Mercedes, equipped with all options, drives on at consistently high speed and thus manages to remain in the lead. Suddenly, unexpectedly, the Ferrari (fitted with standard options only, no aircon) comes up from behind and overtakes the Mercedes, and both cars jockey for the lead.

It's a close race - sometimes the Ferrari overtakes the Mercedes and vice versa. We're talking figuratively about Intel P4/2533 and AMD Athlon XP 2600+, of course - and now Intel introduces a new model that reaches new extremes in speed, taking full advantage of PC1066. And so, the Mercedes gradually manages to pull ahead of the Ferrari. The AMD XP's recent triumph was short-lived.

"

Here's a snippet of the conclusion ;D

"AMD's triumph took us all by surprise, and it didn't last long. In any case, the Athlon XP 2600+ could outperform the Intel P4/2533 in numerous benchmark tests. Now, Intel sends its P4/2800 into the fray. In this situation, the AMD processor takes the lead in only one of the benchmark disciplines, namely, 3D rendering under Cinema 4D XL R7. In all other categories with different applications, the P4 tops the Athlon XP.

Once again, Intel wages war on AMD, fighting to attain the fastest desktop CPU. AMD is sure to launch the Athlon XP 2800+ soon (in October at the latest), so that it will be able to keep close on the heels of its arch-rival. Intel has also made preparations of its own, with the P4/3066 up its sleeve.

At any rate, the real winner is the ambitious end user, who will be able to choose between the P4/3066 and the Athlon XP 3000+ by the time Christmas rolls around. Both the successor to the P4 and the AMD Hammer won't be available until next year."

You gotta love those Intel dudes ;)

If you take ANY production ferrari within the last 30 years, and compare it to ANY production mercedes (no, CLK-GTR is not production class :P) The worst ferrari will trample the best mercedes with ease. There's no arguing it. Ferraris are meant for racing, mercedes are meant for comfort. They can't be compared.