WarCraft III - Rankings and ladders

Razorox

About the grunt vs. knight thingy. the grunt costs 235 gold and 3 food, while the knight costs 290 gold (a bit of lumber) and 4 food. So you can't compare it in a 2 vs 1.. Also try 2 grunts vs. riflemen or footmen vs. headhunters... My point is that orcs may be based on melee combat.. but that doesn't make them the best in the game. Humans are allround which gives them excellent spell capability and good airforce (Unlike the orc airforce)

Fact: If the group cap in War3 does not annoy the Hell out of you, you suck at RTS games and have no understanding of the importance of an easy, simple, and *fast* interface in every RTS game.
Oh, so your saying I suck at RTS games?...ok, fine. I'll meet you at WOL tonight, and I'll hand you your ass. Or would you prefer the Azeroth server and WC3 instead of empy? It's up to you, cuz either way I'll lay the smack down and you'll be screaming like a little school girl who wants her mommy! :P

Fact: If the group cap in War3 does not annoy the Hell out of you, you suck at RTS games and have no understanding of the importance of an easy, simple, and *fast* interface in every RTS game.
Oh, so your saying I suck at RTS games?...ok, fine. I'll meet you at WOL tonight, and I'll hand you your ass. Or would you prefer the Azeroth server and WC3 instead of empy? It's up to you, cuz either way I'll lay the smack down and you'll be screaming like a little school girl who wants her mommy! :P
War3 sux and involves no strat so to beat me in that means nothing. I'll play you in Emp in a ranked game though. It'd be interesting to see how you fare against your once-trainee in this day and age. (of course, for that to work you'd have to stop hiding behind all your new nicks, eh? ROFL)

No, I try to make a mix of ALL units. 1 or 2 hero's, a great bunch of melee units in front and a bunch of ranged units in the back, including spellcasters.

When it comes to NE ofcourse there will be mostly ranged units. Orcs mostly melee, and humans and undead quite balanced, like paladin, 5 footmen, 3 knights, 3 to 4 riflemen, 3 priests and 2 sorceresses.

Later on also a gryphon rider of 2 or 3

War3 sux and involves no strat so to beat me in that means nothing. I'll play you in Emp in a ranked game though. It'd be interesting to see how you fare against your once-trainee in this day and age.

(of course, for that to work you'd have to stop hiding behind all your new nicks, eh? ROFL)

Hiding behind new nicks? wtf r u talking about? I havn't made new nicks in emperor since Christmas! I'll destroy you no matter what my nick is anyway! And then you'll just bitch bitch bitch about how I use cheap tactics and how I cheated and how emperor sucks, and how the map was unfair, and how the teams are unbalanced, and how you sleep with your mothe - I mean...never mind.

A grunt cost 3 freaking food? :O

I guess you wouldn't need a higher group cap, because War3 has a low food cap and high unit food costs, so of course you get small, stupid little tiny battles that are no fun to watch...

A grunt cost 3 freaking food? :O

I guess you wouldn't need a higher group cap, because War3 has a low food cap and high unit food costs, so of course you get small, stupid little tiny battles that are no fun to watch...

lol, you're an idiot...battles CAN be WAY bigger than in emperor, and the smaller ones are still fun to watch, and lots easier to control and micromanage. (i just had a 4v4, which included some MASSIVE clashes, much bigger than anything ever in emperor)

Let me hit on a few things before Gob closes the thread (everyone thank Nag for ruining another thread, thanks Nag)

First off, i play on the us west server, i think it's landeron. My Nick is Frodo_III and i'm a level 8, although my last few games i had terrible partners and it may go down to 7 now.

Second, i don't like the group cap. WW does it so you can click on any unit in the group with the mouse using your group display, also you can view group health and armor status easier using that same display. But i agree it stinks to have to click and drag 3 times, or to assign 3 or 4 groups. I still like the game alot though so i deal

THird, anyone who doesn't think WCIII is RTS has been reading one too many fantasy books. WCIII is NOT a role playing game. And the most dynamic thing about WCIII is the heros. THe combinations, creeping for levels, the chests you can pick up, the order you pick powers, all ADD to the STRATEGY of the game. I mean, i got beat buy a guy that had his partner leave mid game, so it was me and partner against this guy, and we couldn't win cause all creeping had been done and my heros were at 7 and his were at 10, both of them.

The food limit. Anyone whos good at the game will tell you that the food and unit limit only enhances the game. It encourages thinking and not turtling.

Hope to see you guys on the game. Remember Frodo_III and landeron server. I'll be sure to add all to my friends list and check the east server once in a while also

UPDATE: Ok, I just reached level 7 for the INDIVIDUAL games (which, I might add is based more on skill, rather than luck, since in 2v2 games a bad player can ride off a really good one, and still get the win...) come to Azeroth server and IM me, I will gladly play anybody on these boards, even if I get my ass handed to me. Nobody posting on these boards (with the exception of ACElethal) has ever beat me at emperor, so now is your chance to lay the smack down on me! :D

well i'm only level 6 now, But the thing is.. I can beat level 10 guys hahahah... it was fun to play a 2v2. Me lvl6 and my allie level 9 vs. a lvl 10 and a lvl 7. My allie left so i had to control his base, but i did kick their asses :)