Aline the story line for me

DarkElf49

Ok, I'm still reading the books (on "Children of Dune" right now), and my question is does Emperor Battle for Dune fall into the story line of the books(if it does at all), and if so is it before the book Dune, during, or after all of the books.

• 2 weeks later...

EarthNuker has a neat idea. it would be cool if they made a game (or a mod...hint hint ;)) that was based on the battles in the books, on many different planets. I.e:

-The Ginazi and Swordmaster trainees vs. Grumman soldiers

-H. Moritani vs. H. Ecaz

-H. Atreides vs. H. Harkonnen

-H. Vernius vs. Suboid rebels, Sardaukar, etc.

-Paul's Jihad

-The Butlerian Jihad

That would be sweet! Of course, a game like that would be huge.

I thought of the idea of making a mod for that kind of thing. A harkonnen campaign where you lead a terror campaign against the fremen, then finally lead the attack on Arrakeen. Then a Corrino campaign as part 2 where you lead the Sardaukar in an attempt to eradicate the fremen. Then finally a Fremen campaign where you lead the fremen in a campaing that eventually takes you to Arrakeen.

But I don't have time for that kind of work and most of it is still unknown to me. Plus of course, Emperor isn't exactly populair these days anymore :'(.

DII had Frederic IV, not Shaddam. The history was that Fred assassinated his brother (hm.... not so original) - and tht became the root of the differences.

Because of this, we can guess that different events happened (Three houses were instructed to fight on arrakis, not just one, Achillus became Duke after Leto, and presumably paul was not named paul, Rakan became Baron after Vladimir...).