Forward with a point

ordos45

that I got today.  

This was written by a Dr. in Texas and is very good, please read.

I was just reading Yahoo news and the San Antonio Express newspaper. You know what upsets me? People with absolutely nothing to do with their lives, so they complain on how the U.S. is treating the prisoners or "Detainees" from Afghanistan.

Do you know why they are complaining? They see a picture on the news or the internet and they see someone who is shackled and blindfolded and walking with two armed guards behind razor wire. This picture tells them they are treated unfairly.

Here is what I see....

I see a thin, sickly looking person who under severe mental duress from being bombed, was cleaned up, given a haircut to prevent infestation of parasites, and given new clothes and shoes to wear. I see a person who is given three nutritous meals per day and a bed to sleep in a tropical climate, not the cold desert floor of Afghanistan, eating worms, bugs, and goat. I see a person who will be able to get relief from their pains and illnesses without paying a dime for medical expenses. They will get rest, educated, and their mental stress levels will have dropped tremendously because they were taken out of a combat area and will not be shot at again.

I see these people blindfolded and shackled behind razor wire. I have the intellectual ability to understand why they are this way. For those that do not have this ability, let me explain it to you. They are blindfolded to protect OUR U.S. SOLDIERS from further harm. These people cannot plan to destroy something if they can not see it. They are shackled because these same people have proven they will easily give up their lives to kill just ONE AMERICAN. We are protecting their life as well as our own. The razor wire is a mental deterrent, just like the little alarm company warning signs most of you out there have on your home, but don't have the actual alarm system. You would think many times over before actually trying to cross that razor wire. For all of you people out there thinking how bad these poor detainees have it under such strict guard, you need to do a lot more thinking about other things in your life.

I was born on September 11th, 1966, and every birthday I have from now on will never be a happy one. Why, do you ask? Because as I am out somewhere trying to have a nice dinner, someone will have a candle or a ribbon or something, crying about the anniversary of a national tragedy. And then I will think, about how insignificant my one little birthday actually is compared to everything else that had happened on that one day.

It boggles my mind that there are actually people out there in this world, in leadership positions, head of companies that actually think that we are doing something wrong when it comes to protecting our nation and our people. These same people will be the first ones to complain about something that happens to them when they are vacationing outside this country. They will ask why the U.S. does not do anything about their misfortune.  These are the same people that complain about taxes and how bad their lives actually are.

If you receive this email, please pass it on to everyone in your address book. I am not afraid or ashamed to speak my peace. I am an American, my father fought for this country, and was willing to die for it.

Dr. Steven Tomaselli

Uvalde, Texas

United States of America

"I say if you can torture them to get info that amy save lives, do it"

I think prisoners should be not be tortured if they are/were civilians (NB: terrorists are just armies without uniforms).

"If you have to have non jury trials for high level terrorist suspects, do it"

Suspects... that's very wide-ranging. Too many innocents could be suspects. Bad idea.

"Btw, whatever happened to John Walker SMith, the American fighting with the Taliban?"

The first British fighters into Afghanistan were muslims from Birmingham, Leicester and London. And there were about 100 of them.

I believe that the british and american taliban have... err, dissapered... if you know what I mean...

The problem with terrorism is that nothing can stop it... if you kill terrorists, you only make them stronger... :'(

Another issue is that most of these people have all the right to be angry and to fight the corrupt western governments/corporations. Unfortunatelly they are easily manipulated by b@stards like Bin Laden who divert their anger towards innocent civilians... :(

This is what I mean, Fed.

I agree that Bin Laden misdirected the attack (he thought only about 2 floors would go in the symbol of capitalism that is the WTC). Be aware that muslim extremists consider the US to be shaitan (corrupt, superficial, etc).

If you kill a "terrorist", you make the other "terrorists" believe that the original one died for the greatness of Allah, and so on and so forth, which fills the others with eagerness and fanaticism to follow in path of the "great".

Torture is something that i don't agree with, but it happens regardless.

Well none of us can just allow the terrorists to continue doing what they have been doing in the past. Under the Geneva Convention these "renegade regime soliders" should have some sort of rights. It is important that the US shows humantarian treatment of their captives.

And as far as Osama bin Laden not knowing the towers would come down I refuse to believe that. When they tried to destroy the WTC the first time with the van bomb just what did you think they were trying to do just cosmetic damage? No, the purpose was what it always was to destroy the buildings. Osama bin Laden had been on the most wanted list for what 10-12 years before the events of 9/11/01? You want me to believe that he did not know what he was planning would in fact happen? This should be a very interesting discussion.

Well, I think Osama didn't know that there was going to be extreme damage done to the WTC, just last week in my drafting class, we were watching a film on skyscrapers and the supervisor of planning  of the WTC mentioned that the towers could withstand a 747 crash and have minimal damage. Of course, this was in 2000, before September 11th.

EBA you are right about what your saying but the information is based apon the fact that the 747/757 flying into the WTC would in be an accident, not a deliberate act.

If it had have been an accident the pilot(s) would have tried to avoid crashing into the WTC therefore not hitting the WTC buildings (not the way it happened on 9/11/02). Remember the buildings collasped in fact due to each 747/757 being flown into each structure but also the weight of the burning top floors further weaken the structures of the buildings resulting in the final collaspe of the towers.

The same could be said of the Titanic it was supposed to be unsinkable but the way the icebreg hit the hull proved otherwise.

Yes but there is no way on earth they could give that guarantee (well they could, it's a false assurance though), what was the tested theory that the ocean circumstances would favor their "unsinkable" theory. I agree with you physics won and very understandable.