Religion

I have respect for most religions, but atleast Greek/Roman mythology has more interesting stuff, or any for that matter. Don't know why the Bible writes couldn't atleast spice it up for it's believers.

lol because it wasnt supposed to be fancy. History isnt always amazing to study.  it has boring parts. the bible doesnt spice it up because it is actual history. that simple.

I don't whant to start the discussion again, but I'm just wondering Nema Fakei .. . . is that the only answer possible ?

[ I never payed mutch attention to it personally so that's why I like your opinion :) ]

The people who wrote the Bible were not interested in being historically accurate, they were interested in creating a document to control the minds of the masses.  By offering answers to the mysteries of the world and promising a wonderful afterlife, they use fear and wonder to control people.

While the Bible does have some historically accurate references, most is mythology.  A vain attempt to explain things that at the time were unexplainable.

What is the true power of the Bible?  It answers the most basic question and fear of humanity: what happens when I die?  It's terrifying to face the fact that maybe nothingness follows death, and much more comforting to assume there is an afterlife, especially one involving heaven.  That is why I use the "child hiding his face under a blanket" analogy.  Death is that scary monster that we hide ourselves from, that we make up stories about to feel better about it. Answering questions about death and quelling that deep fear we have of nothingness, while assuring us that if we don't do what they say, we will go to hell, is an excellent tool for controlling the masses.

That's why it is a theory Kirov, and I wouldn't say it was a scam, maybe they tried explain what was going on around them by writing the Bible, and the King or Lord thought this would give him more power so he forced it upon the people. Anything could have happened, I remember an Outer Limits episode where aliens came down in the form of "believers". One became a reverend and used his power to create miracles, and then a human figured something crazy was going on so he shot and killed the alien reverend. Then the human was shot by the police, and the iother aliens made a martyr out of the dead alien, convincing people to worship it, and when they got everyone believing, they would rule the humans. It was pretty interesting.

It's always the aliens, the humans never take responsiblity for their own actions. If the bible is "mass mind control" how come you can buy it at bookstores. I mean does that not defeat the purpose of controlling the masses would you want them to know they are being controlled. Which "version" of the mass mind control works better and how do I control the people who aren't easily controlled by the bible mind control. Does this bible mind control use alpha waves or is it sublime in it's control of peoples mind.  

ALso on Outher Limits once was the Shroud of Turin.  This Reverend wanted the second coming of Jesus enough that he took DNA from the shroud and cloned it into a fetus and planted it into a woman.  The fetus was shredding the church apart with telekinetic abilities.  They were saying Jesus was only a telekinetic.

It's always the aliens, the humans never take responsiblity for their own actions. If the bible is "mass mind control" how come you can buy it at bookstores. I mean does that not defeat the purpose of controlling the masses would you want them to know they are being controlled. Which "version" of the mass mind control works better and how do I control the people who aren't easily controlled by the bible mind control. Does this bible mind control use alpha waves or is it sublime in it's control of peoples mind.

So god is a Alien. Wow that makes alot of sense  ::)

Because you dont believe in god doesnt mean it have to be fake. Or Mass Manipulation because people is selling the bible's? How can you read about the history of god or the events of jezus, If you cannot buy it. You can go to the church ofcourse but still.

God being an alien? No one said God was an alien, and the only thing about aliens talked about on this thread was on an episode of Outer Limits, tv.

Of course it doesn't mean it has to be fake, but also if you believe it doesn't mean it has to be real. And just like the scholars that were brought the ancient texts of the Greek and Roman mythology, people can study things without believing in it.

The_old_worm. That would have to be the closest anyone has got to my own beliefs. Thank you for the help. Back then, people were very niave, and if your parents parents parents parents believed in the 'book' it would have been pased down. We may have free will, but at a very young age, it is easy for our minds to be manipulated by someone we trust, i.e. our parents. Therefore, Religion continues.

Looks like I have to clear things up for you AGAIN...

Jacob, you are ignorant to think that parents passing their religion to children is the only thing keeping religion alive. Far from it! There are countless millions who converted whithout any "input" whatsoever from their parents. I'm one of them.

The_old_worm, a more effective method of controlling the masses is showing them an "enemy" (like, say, a religion that is supposedly trying to mind-control them) and gradually blaiming that enemy for more and more things, until the masses hate it with a passion. They will then do as you command as long as your actions are "protecting" them from that enemy. That's how Hitler did it. And that's how your mind is controlled by atheism right now. So who is doing the controlling, you ask? For now, nobody. Atheism doesn't have a leader yet. But there is a great potential for a "holy army" in you, and I'm sure sooner or later someone will exploit it.

The problem with using Christianity as a means for mind-control is that the Bible tells believers NOT to do the exact things that would be useful to the controller (fight wars, persecute other faiths/races, blindly follow an earthly king, etc.). That's why you have to make sure that the masses DO NOT have access to the Bible. That's what happened in the Middle Ages and that's what caused the Crusades and the Inquisition.

I don't know about you, but I don't see the early Christians mind-controlling ANYONE while they were tortured for the enjoyment of the roman citizens... ::)

As far as science is concerned, don't give me the lecture about the perfect scientist with no preconceptions and prejudices, because we both know that's only an idealised image...

As for God "twiddling his thumbs with nothing to do", don't you think it was for the best that God made a self-sustainable universe? And besides, the law of probabilities leaves plently of room for Him to intervene, by choosing an outcome (which to us seems random) in the important situations. Like making a certain asteroid take a certain Earth-crossing orbit 65 million years ago...

Acriku, when we tell people to "believe or go to hell" we are simply stating a fact. We're not making threats.

I think you can agree that anything which threatens the very existence of the human race is evil. Science did that. See the Cuban Missile Crisis, brought to you by your friendly [apocalyptic] nuclear scientists. What next? A deadly new virus? Antimatter bombs? Planet-killers? What new potential instrument of doom is being developed by our benevolent science?

"scientists don't tryout the God way of how things happen because that would never be accepted" - circular logic. The reason why it's not accepted is because it talks about God in the first place! And I don't mean gravity, more along the lines of evolution...

Nema, if I was asked to pray to Allah I would simply pray to God in my mind, while reciting whatever I was supposed to recite. But that's a last resort, of course.

Statistics say that the UK is the second most atheist country in the world, after Germany (not counting communist countries where atheism is forced on the people).

The problem with science trying to prove its validity is that in order to do that it would have to prove that there is no God, or that Jesus was not His Son, which is impossible. Science can at best prove that God is not the only explanation for the origin of the universe, but that's all.

"Acriku, when we tell people to "believe or go to hell" we are simply stating a fact. We're not making threats. "

That is just like saying a guy who knows he is going to shoot this girl, but tells her to renounce her faith anyway or he will shoot her.

And Edric, just as God might have an unknown plan directly derived from killing certain people, how do you know something good won't come from these past occurences of "evil science"?

And once again you are twisting things to make your God more believable.

Mind-control is called blind faith give me a break with that self defeating mumbo jumbo. If you do not want to believe in God just say you do not want to believe in God. No one forces anyone to believe anything you believe because you (or they) want to believe. Mind control hahahahahahaha you really believe that listen to how you sound.

Shogun, if people back then didn't believe in the religion forced by a monarchy, or some rule, they would have been executed for heresy, or exiled, etc. The people might have been afraid so they started to believe in this religion. And so the children of them are born into this religion, etc. And don't think of this as some mad scientist mind control thing, it is simply a form of mind control, a persuading tool, how else do you get people not to revolt if you promise them something?

I still do not believe it. You can say that I'm not being open-minded enough but really I do not care what you say. Mind control I laugh at that notion, where does it come from the "rays of the television screen", video games that we play or better still blame the music. Why even make a big deal out of it, people in whatever religion they are in are there because they want to be there. If they want to leave they would.

If you think these things are ways of someone having your mind under their command, then I would have to say that you maybe the one that is already in danger. I do not believe in this mind control that you speak about.      

Well I'm just stating a theory in which no one has to believe, and once again it doesn't have that big of an effect now as it did in 0-100 A.D. or something of that. But I'll drop it if you want, just thought it might be interesting.

No, Edric, creating enemies is the charge of the Church.  "Join us or go to hell!"  And there hasn't been an establishment that has used that tactic more than the church.

I am NOT an athiest, I am an agnostic, which means I believe the truth is unattainable.  I accept all possibilities including God, and encourage others to do the same, and if I preach, I preach skepticism.  

I do not make the church my enemy, I simply state the risks of blindly following any belief. Atheism is as much a blind faith as religion is.  We must be skeptical about everything, religion, science, philosophy, history, politics etc...  This leads to the freedom to make unbiased decisions about our beliefs.  These free-thinkers, are the most difficult to control which is why the church so adamantly opposes them.

Edric, you are both ignorant and naive if you think that parental influence isn't a big factor in the developement of morals and beliefs.  It is not the only influence though, Peers, society, Family(outside immediate family) also have influence as do your own needs and desires.  Conversion proves nothing.  It only shows that  another belief system fulfilled your need for answers.

The fact that Christianity says not to do those things only supports my point.  Leaders of the Church have used the tactics I described to change and bend the rules to fit their needs.  And I'll say it again, you have to get your message out for it to be heard i.e. books.  Christians take it upon themselves to "spread the faith"

Absolutely, I see mind control while the Romans tortured and killed Christians.  First you offer them paradise after death to aleviate their poor lives on Earth so that whatever happens on Earth doesn't matter.  Then you tell them that by dying they become martyrs.  The faithful will flock to be killed just as the fundamentalist Muslims do.