house symbols

neonext

i see that the harkonnen symbol is some bull-like animal, and i think atreides is some type of bird. my question is:

does the Empire have some kind of symbol? i realise that the Empire is not really a house, but still, does it have it's own symbol?

Actually westwood made it a ram. a big difference from sheep. And no they didnt invent the crest. again they stole from DE. I think I am going to make a list of it. It was originally in the DE that it was a ram. The prequels say its a gryphon though.

In heraldry, red is a very noble colour. It represents courage, among other things. Blue is also noble, but not in the same way.

Actually, I like the idea that Houses Atreides and Harkonnen don't have "traditional" good guy/bad guy colours. Not only does it break the old clich

the colors in the game make sense, blue for the good guy, red for the bad, then green fit ordos well because they are money-driven people. purple also was good for the empire because purple is well associated with royalty. i realise that the colors may not be 100% accurate, but if the colors were all switched it would be too wierd

From what it seemed it sounded like an alladin,, middle eastern oil lamp. Not like the new kind that used whale oil. Strangly, the DE doesnt mention Richese as a house. They arent counted in the landsraad councel. I will have to read frank herberts books to see if the DE is right on this. I know hte prequels talk of it being a house though.