Am I the only one who hates unit and group caps in RTS games?

Navaros

AOE 2 was an amazing game when I first got it a couple years ago. Yes, it's not 3D but it did a lot of small things that make a big difference. The walls were great and unit formations were really cool...I don't think I saw that before AOK.

AoE2 IS amazing. The game is realy fun and better than aoe1, (even for it's time i think). Realy nice action, pretty buildings and lots of different units, (though all races have some sort of same units... well not exactly but you get my point if you played aoe2). The AI was crappy though, that was the biggest flaw I guess... the AI was easy to defeat because they had problems getting inside a town when it is walled in.

Yes that's one thing that surprised me... In Emperor units die like in the blink of an eye while in war3 (unlike starcraft) units can take a lot of punishment... at least, in the early game. Later on in big battles they die quicker than you may wish...

btw, i'm not saying that i don't like emperor's way... that style is cool too... even though it's way different from any other westwood game

lol, when the unit cap is at 90, don't expect any large-scale battles relative to the ones in emperor. WC3 requires more strategic planning, and not just stockpiling hordes of minos. BTW, the unit cap is actually less than 90, because most units take up more than 1 food (food cap is 90) but I rarely go above 70 units anyway, because then it is high upkeep...and that sux big time. Whenever I am about to enter high upkeep, I just send an army in to attack, so I have more spots available ;D Don't get me wrong now, I am totally NOT against unit caps this low. I think they are a great idea to encourage action in the gameplay, as well as more strategic thinking, and less lag. 8)

Two thumbs up for WC3!!!!

Finally, some smart ppl who enjoy strategy instead of just massing. ;D

I have to agree with Terror...

It's just whatever suits your mood...

After all, WC3, Emporer, Tiberian Sun, they're all JUST GAMES! Not life and death matters.

Ok, about this unit cr*p, there's a game made by a company called Timegate Studios, the graphics aren't great, infact they sort of suck, but the game play is unlike no other RTS you've ever played. The game is called Kohan, its a company based RTS, and you don't stock pile resourses.

To find more information on this game go to

Http://www.kohan.net