First screen shot of Dune 2: Redux

neonext

I have put the first screen shot from my remake of Dune 2 on a tiny makeshift website.

The screen shot is full size, taken straight out of the game with the interface off and some debugging information still on (including the grid lines).

I will add more screens and infomation as development progresses.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/dune2redux/index.html

REally good!!!

But if its not to difficult have a option to turn the black squares (grind or what its named... sorry.. if im out in space now...) off.

And a really good! CAn you please promise to finish this one??

As all remakes try have been unfinished...

REally good!!!

But if its not to difficult have a option to turn the black squares (grind or what its named... sorry.. if im out in space now...) off.

And a really good! CAn you please promise to finish this one??

As all remakes try have been unfinished...

The dark square grid is really just to help me with the graphics programming, especially the animation. I will probably leave it in the game as something you can toggle on and off with a function key.

I really wish I could promise that I will finish this. I completely understand why almost every project goes unfinished. It is very very hard to stay interested in one thing months after months after months...

The good thing is that I'm making lots of progress, and progress breeds excitement. I personally can't wait till I can have real skirmish battles with 3 computer players :)

Nice, although it's sand only...And is it just coincidence that all the combat tank turrets are facing forward? have you allowed for turret rotation?And remember that building flags should have a remap colour like the units.

Nice, although it's sand only...

Yes, the terrain system has not been added yet, although it is very simple and will take little time to finish.

And is it just coincidence that all the combat tank turrets are facing forward? have you allowed for turret rotation?

No, it is not just a coincidence. Good eye Nema ;)

I HAVE allowed for turret rotation however (it is in the code and ready to use), but that will be finished when I do the code for unit attacking.

And remember that building flags should have a remap colour like the units.

Yeah, I haven't even done it for the units yet. The reason the structures are a different color is because I ripped them from pictures online instead of straight out of the Dune 2 files (I can't get the structure images out of Dune 2 until I use screenshots).

Yes, if you could get the structure images for me, exactly how they appear in the game (and I only need 1 frame per structure, I'll deal with the animation myself), I would very much appreciate it. That is all the art I need at this point.

Then I better get going in order to make the 'release date' ;D

Maybe I can get this out early. I'm sure you wouldn't mind an early version that is missing things such as air units and specials like death hand missiles; however, this is still a ways off...

i don't need help with the graphics anymore, except maybe a menu screen background image (it's 320x240 (and no text) - if anyone who wants to make one)i was being optomistic when i decided on a release date, which is mid-August. i can still make it in time, but there is lots of work to be done (mainly gameplay and AI coding).if i decide to release the map editor early, i could use help making maps for the first release.i could use the most help with general gameplay decisions, especially in the AI area. i could end up spending months writing the AI because that is always the hardest part. it would save me a lot of time though if someone could come with AI strategies, etc. so please post suggestions http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3295;start=25think about all the steps the AI has to go through to be a good enough player for the user to play against. what structures does it build and in what order? what units to build? how many units to build? how to attack the player? how to provide some base defense? these are only some of the questions...

after a small failed attempt at tracking the paths of the projectiles in the game, i am taking my time writing a system that will handle everything from machines guns and tank guns to rockets and death hand missiles. it doesn't show much, but i put a small screen of my efforts on the web site. right now the units fire and the shots fly accross the screen in an appropriate manner, except their aim is totally off ;D

If you take a look at the screen you will see a harkonnen quad and combat tank missing an atreides mcv. don't complain about the look of the blue shots, they are temporary.