First screen shot of Dune 2: Redux

neonext

ohhhh spice plumes.. well, they aren't in yet, because i haven't even done the spice harvesting system yet (only the animation).

and yes, dunes are not in, and the different terrain types do not make the units go faster or slower yet and the units do not jump around a little when they ride on bumpy terrain yet. walls and concrete are not in the game yet, and i'm not sure if they will even make beta.

keep posting things i might be missing, i need to develop a master list of what is done and needs to be done. it will help me keep on track, and i know i will be missing things

i have finished giving the AI a huge lift, they launch base attacks, and all units now attack nearby enemy units. with no harvesting system in, the only limitation to building a quick army is the time it takes to make the units, and needless to say the AI can make units pretty quick. since they constantly build units there are some pretty big battles. the game is becoming very interesting (and very fun too ;D)

new screen up

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/dune2redux/index.html