Mod idea

Frodo_I

I originally introduced this at the westwoodexposed forum. But i wanted to post it here too

Include a bene gesserit "priest" in the mod, one that can do mass attacks similar to the guild maker, but more effective. An example would be a bene gesserit that could make units turn on their team because of the mind influence that the gesserit can do

I came up with this idea cause of StarCraft and Brood War games. In those games one race has priests that can do mass attacks like "storm" in which a large area is stormed with lighting, it does massive damage to infantry, and medium damage to vehicles. SC and BW also have units that can do mind control, and some are cloaked or camoflauged

I think this could be a good mod idea in that the bene gesserit are in the books but not in the game playing. You could introduce them as a subhouse, just like the others in building order, but with only one unit, the priest

Give the Model a Fedaykin Bullet, and add the line

Deviate = True

But this only works on vehicles, unless you change the Infantry line

CanBeDeviated = True

Or what ever it is, but then the normal Deviator will be able to do this, anyone know how to make a new deviate effect?

i made a unit that is similar but fires a serum or a virus nanobot depending on the target and controls them like the deviator. couldnt make a bene gesserit which was my original plan because there are no equipped female models :(

i think it was because she didnt have a wepon but someone sadi they might of got it worked out were she looked to be holding one or something i cant remeber.... go search that thread ;D

reminds me of an old poem my father told me...

One bright day in the middle of the night,

two dead boys got up to fight.

Back to back the faced one antoher,

pull out their knives and shot each other.

If u dont belive this story is true,

ask the blind man... he saw it too.

seeing as a knife doesn't look to right shooting (other than that on Final Fantasy game where it was a sword gun, now that was cool ;D) I think someone had actually atemped to give her a gun, or something like that.

the female model won't work, i talked to adrian about changing the fxdata section like he did to the guniap to make it fire, but it woudn't work because the guniap was partly coded to fire. I also made the Bene Gesserit Reverand Mother use the voice in April. Jacob's right, all that you need to do is give the weapon Deviate = TRUE, and to make it work on infantry add CanBeDeviated = TRUE.

right, that is the problem that i am dealing with right now. There is no deviator in my mod, but the bene gesserit are hard to get. So I was going to only have the infantry available to be deviated. But there is another thing that causes a problem. Jacob, maybe we can talk about it. (It's a secret! ;D)