Cm_blast

[Release] New Dune 2 tileset (for Dune 2000)

Posted (edited)

Here I am with a new tileset for dune 2000, picked from the Dune 2 game and applied into Dune 2000.

Here, an image of the tileset:
1010972232_tilesetretro.thumb.png.1a5a8dea695cf0bf7c16d9e6d9452590.png

And here an screen of an imagen with a map created with the Tileset (click to see the original size); map from my Dune 2 based campaign (editor's image, spice will look less blocky in game).

816389222_dune2map.thumb.png.44672f9418f62d4f107f688e63097abd.png

Tileset Here: BLOXRETR.R16 (16 bits only available).

How to install: Move the file into your "data" folder, then you can play any mission that use this specific tileset, as my "Dune 2 based campaign - retro addition".

Modders only: Modders only.zip  This file includes the .ini file so the editor will chose the correct attributes, presets groups with assignes keys and the png file with the tileset, in case somebody want it.

Note: On the game will appear the original dune 2000 crates (when you shoot the floor). To have the ones from Dune 2 instead download this other file too: DATA.R16 WARNING: Doing this will altered your game forever, do a back up of this file before overwritting!

Small update: I added a concrete tile that it's actually buildable. will behave as any other rock, you can place your own concretes on top of it, will create crates when shooted, etc... (but it's not an actual concrete).

FINAL UPDATE: Now you can build on top of the corners and edges, so there is only a few rock tiles which you can't build concretes. Will look a bit blocky, but that's how dune 2 used to look and honestly, it doesn't look too bad here on Dune 2000 either.

Edited by Cm_blast

3 hours ago, skuallx said:

Thanks! Ill give it a try! Look good...

Don't make too much of the tileset for now. Like Klofkack said to me (on a single map I did using this tileset) he point that it's a bit weird that you cannot build on the edges, just like the original dune 2 game; after I tried an old campaign of mine using this tileset, I agreed; I did a conversion of the tileset, which means that by tomorrow the position of the edges and corners will change after I update the file, but also making those tiles buildable.

So what I am trying to say, wait a couple of days more before creating any map with this tileset; I am planning to update this post later in the night with the new layout/position/behaviour, only then you can create your own maps if you want.

Still, thank you for liking.

7 hours ago, skuallx said:

Thanks! Ill give it a try! Look good...

Updates done.

Edges, corners and the concretes (but only the one on the top area) are buildable. All the files has been updated, included the .png on this post and on the zip itself.

So now all of you can use the tileset correctly.
Report any mistakes I may have done.

Edited by Cm_blast

27 minutes ago, ArrakisDune (sayedmamdouh) said:

Ix Research Lab remap issue still not fixed :/

Since that's how the original graphic looks like I am going to leave be that way.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, ArrakisDune (sayedmamdouh) said:

>:(

Well, I also talked with Klofkack, and seems that nobody likes too much the messy graphics: It is fixed now.
Updated files, screenshots and everything.