shai

[Release] Dune 2000 Random Map Generator

Updated: v170407

• Heavily reduced the time it takes to save the map and mis file
  • Replaced the settings bellow with the following new settings:
    1. 'numberOfSandSpecialsToAdd', 'numberOfRockSpecialsToAdd', 'numberToAdd', 'numberOfSpiceSquares', numberOfDuneSquares', 'numberOfIslandSquares'
    2. 'sandSpecialFreq', 'rockSpecialFreq', 'rockFreq', 'spiceFreq', 'duneFreq', 'islandFreq'
    • These new settings are instead now a percentage. Ex. If 'rockFreq' is set to 0.2, then roughly 20% (0.2 * 100) of all blocks on the map will be a rock tile
  • All areas have been properly altered to prevent it from getting stuck due to a value that is too high
  • Improved the GUI
  • Fixed the AI in the mis files being incorrect
  • Partially fixed the placment of the dune edges
  • Altered how the openings in the cliff faces are added, they can now be varied in size
  • Sped up the placing of player spawns somewhat with 'autoSpaceSpawns' enabled, and the placement of spice blooms
  • After a map is completed, the time it took to make it is displayed
  • Prevented cliff faces and rock-to-sand edges from having two identical blocks right next to each other

The new version can be downloaded above in the first post of this thread, apologies it has been a while since the last post

Posted (edited)

The latest version still doesn't work for me, when clicking start (default settings).

955.png

Edited by WindyQueen

On 4/10/2017 at 1:30 PM, WindyQueen said:

The latest version still doesn't work for me, when clicking start (default settings).

955.png

The same happens for me. Running Windows 10