Dune 2000 modding questions

THE AQIB

The new editor confuses me (most conditions). But for now I want to know one thing. Who and what this means "Set Build Rate (Build rate)". Maybe it's some of activity? But how to set something. I see numbers at 1, 50, 100. What do they do? The Old version is Unknown 61 and 62. also i don't understand.

Edited by Dark Wesker

55 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

The new editor confuses me (most conditions). But for now I want to know one thing. Who and what this means "Set Build Rate (Build rate)". Maybe it's some of activity? But how to set something. I see numbers at 1, 50, 100. What do they do? The Old version is Unknown 61 and 62. also i don't understand.

Every AI has a unit build rate, that means "how many ticks the AI start producing a new unit". Where 1500 ticks si 1 minute (always in real time). This value is in the AI tab section, going down a few lines.

"Set build rate" changes tha value to something new.

For example. A9V1 from the original campaign:
The Harkonnen will build a new unit every 1200 ticks (48 seconds). The Emperor every 1000 (40 sec) and the Fremen every 900 ticks (36 seconds).

Then there is a event, a "set build rate" to trigger after 66 minutes.
Now Harkonnen, Emperor and Fremen will build at 1 ,3 and 4 ticks Respectively (less than a second); so those Ais will build units nonstop as fast as he can.

To the topic... How to change defense area or remove this?

cw4Unds.jpgVm4ubHE.jpg

Off topic (sorry), but I want to know, is there any campaign with Harkonnen? Such as my Ordos Remake, Atreides - Battle for dune, Ordos Campaign Mod, Ordo's Tactics...

Edited by Dark Wesker

8 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

To the topic... How to change defense area or remove this?

cw4Unds.jpgVm4ubHE.jpg

Check in the AI tab for Fremen and Emperor. Near the bottom there are this lines:
Defenceareas 1
Defendarea 1 minX
Defendarea 1 unknown

Set all those numbers to 0.
Also, at the very near of the bottom, there are a "unknown Byte 29", change that to 1.

8 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

Off topic (sorry), but I want to know, is there any campaign with Harkonnen? Such as my Ordos Remake, Atreides - Battle for dune, Ordos Campaign Mod, Ordo's Tactics...

For Harkonnen there are only the War of assasins and the Dune 2 style; and a few of single maps such as the Emperor Battle For Dune style single map, "special skirmish", "Harkonnen with Fremen by Luminar", a Skirmishs mission by Akafeda and one Skorocel remake (H9v2 but with more enemies).

Fey is creating a new Harkonnen campaign, I don't remember the main post or link, search him in the Dune 2000 main treath and ask him for links, he would like to have someone playing his maps.

Well, the War of assasins (and the expansion) count as 2 campaigns, and people that started creating mods for the first time they usually try to create something about those faction that you can't play in the original game: Mercenary, Ix, Emperor, Smugglers, Fremen... And I covered not original/present ones as the Spacing Guild, the Tleilaxu...

But anyway, search for Fey, like I said, he is doing one new for Harkonnen, so you may be interested.

Understood. If there is no the Harkonnen campaign, it will be from me too. Even I started to work. But it will take time. Maybe will be more missions than 9 with versions. Also will be a new music for this campaign. One of the campaign missions you are played. And I made the changes which you said. This campaign will not look easy than Ordos. And you will needs to try more (for example, to find a real the building and capture or destroy). If you don't like the one version, will be another version (simple). That's is my goal/plan.

Edited by Dark Wesker

• 1 year later...

Long ago, someone managed to get a working Unit Queing system up and running. but it only worked for one version of the game. Even at the time of its release, it was for an outdated version of the game. My question is this; is it possible to add production queing into the game?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I would like to change the sprite/tile colors. I have managed to change the background tiles for the first Atreides map by using theDTK+ tile set editor on the BLOXTREE r16 file. I assume the other maps can all be altered by changing the rest of the BLOX* r16 files?

However there are other sprites I need to change right for instance if I kill some enemies they leave behind some craters and such new sprites, where are these sprites located?

5 hours ago, Blob said:

tileset stuff

Ayy mate, if you're looking to mod tilesets I'd recommend you swing by the single-player Discord server. We could help ya more directly there.

Yeah, entirely new tilesets including craters and stuff are entirely possible. :P You should find the craters in data.r16. You'd need a resource editor to fix those. Can find those in the tools thread.