Mods: What we can and can't do

nemafakei

Give me a break here! You guys want it, you guys come up with an idea then! You cant expect me to send the entire source code on a 56k modem!?! Want to know where I downloaded it? Good ill tell ya the site is down now anyway. www.leakgames.com

Happy now? alphabeta may not know shit about programming, but im sure he'll know what to do with it once i instruct him. I cant send it to anyone else. Read your own replies and u know why.

Riper

Its not down there has never been a domain name registered to that url, hence its impossible for that site to have existed.

Have you sent the files to alpha yet? I am waiting to see what he says. It shouldn't take that long to email him a couple source files, its been three days now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thank god, been needing a damn model converter/editor for AGES. BTW if you CAN gt the source, someone should look at porting the game to linux..... it IS possible, Quake 3 has been ported as well as halflife, besides linux has better memory management than winblows so it may solve some lockup bugs. There IS directx API support in linux via Winex, if you have the source it would be VERY easy to get emperor running in linux. Winex is stilll in development but they are currently working on getting directx 8 running in linux. Dune2000 will install in linux perfectly using winex but I am yet to see it actually run. Emperor when you goto run it says it cannot create 3d device which is a directx error. when winex 2 is released it MAY run, some people HAVE run dune2k fully in linux with no errors.

btw on the topic of can and can't do... can we change textures? has anyone tried to create new terrain objects/textures.... it might be possible to make ANOTHER planet type... I'd like to see a new campaign... with the final battle on the IMPERIAL homeworld! with battles on salusa Secundus, an IX planet, and the three homeworlds as well as on dune!

We can change textures - I did it for the KH mod Corrino Buildings. Land is also possible.

A new planet type would probably not be possible, since I think the instructions for it were in source, not in resource, - but we can alter existing textures.

this is what riper sent me via email...

jki9789@hotmail.com    

Save Address(es) Block  Previous   Next | Close  

riper(im not going to give his email away cause then you would bother him)

To :    

jki9789@hotmail.com  

Subject :    

XBF thingy  

Date :    

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:30:28 +0200  

Sorry for last night. I couldnt answer you. Was in a rush to start downloading and disable my monitor before i went to bed. The xbf format, should you be the only one to believe me, wasnt that hard. Last year Scorpio9a and I started a plan to create a map editor. He sent me the xbf codes he had found out so far. When the official editor was released, i felt it was useless creating another one, and we stopped the project. After experimenting with the xbf format for 5 weeks i finally found out a pretty stable build. Then i was searching the internet, and the entire emperor source code was up. Nobody believes that of course. But anyway thats how i did the xbf thing. Pretty boring but true. Ask scorpio9a :) cheers,

Riper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...