No longer active members

X3M

So there are 4 unknown members that liked a post that I have made. (Which is doubtful that they liked it :) )

But out of curiosity, I tried to check their page. It seems they are no longer active.

Have others noticed this too?

Are they kicked or banned?

Where they fake accounts for trolling?

Or where they auto regenerated accounts?

I rather have real opinions about my stuff ^^.

• 3 weeks later...

I've checked a few, and yes, those are spam accounts, I assume those are not displayed to regular users. Spambots prolly try to deceive the moderators by trying to act like real users, or maybe this is an attempt to attract other board members to their account page which is full of spam links.

Maybe we should disable the liking option for unapproved/first post users as well.

• Upvote 1

Something like getting approval points?

Example:

You may like posts when you yourself reach 50 posts.

You may private message other users when you yourself reach 100 posts.

You may start threads yourself when you reach 25 posts.

You may double post if you reach 75 posts. And there is a day between the 2.

So, what  do you think?

• Upvote 3

You may like posts when you yourself reach 50 posts.

You may private message other users when you yourself reach 100 posts.

You may start threads yourself when you reach 25 posts.

You may double post if you reach 75 posts. And there is a day between the 2.

Nice ideas generally, although isn't a 100 post count for a PM a bit harsh? I'd rather have it at 10.

Also double-posting might be necessary sometimes, regardless of whether a user is new or not. Triple/quadruple/etc. posting, on the other hand, is something to watch for (especially in rapid succession).

BTW, some forum software automatically merges double-posts if they're made in a short period of time (like less than a day). I wonder if we have this option too.

• Upvote 1

An automatic merging program would be nice.

With a 12 hour surveillance. Not a 24 hour. Those who sort of keep a blog aren't bothered by it then, especially when it is placed in the rules for "blog" keeping. And those who pout 5 posts in a row, will have 1 merged post.

There is a choice in doing it automatically by simply adding it to the previous post.

Or the poster automatically sees that he/she is going to edit his/her previous post.

It really doesn't matter which one it is.

We already require any "first post" from a user to be approved before it becomes visible. So unless someone can trick the moderators with their first post you shouldn't see any spam posts. There is also a spam filter on signup that catches a large percentage of users before they can even make an account.

And there are only around 4000 accounts not 31000.

Bots don't tire lol - they are not human... I mean I can make a program repeat forever (as long as the hardware works and the software doesn't fail ) - the pc won't have any objections to it lol:

While(1){u+=1cout<<"Loop executed for the "<<u<<"th time."}

P.S. btw it will have a problem when the number in u surpasses the size of memory allocated for it (though u can have this cycle without the u variable and it will repeat forever - or until u turn it off).

• 3 weeks later...