XBF format, and converters

vidiware

The converter hasn't been started on - first comes a viewer and an editor...

Adrian Messecar is working on decoding the format, as are (separately) stealth and Gob.

Don't expect a converter for a long time, though...

btw, if anyone wants more details on how exactly the xbf format is laid out let me know. I can probably send some stuff your way. Keep in mind this won't really be useful unless you have some advanced programming skills.

my question is since WW put out mod/skin program for Renegade cant they not just give us what we need?! At least then we'd problay all shut up... hell maybe even Nav  ;D j/k I assume Gob has asked since he probally has the most pull with them... but you know what they say aboot assuming.  {knowing not everybody here is american and not every one speaks english as first language; dont want to make two wrong assumptions for those that dont know it here it is} when you assume something, you make an ass out of u and me [ ass u me  = assume ]  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

How can we use a hex editor its useless if you cant do something with it? (I can the logic thing for hexadesimals but what should i  do with it?)

And you Gob

Why dont we ask WW for a Format convertor, they know the mod posibliity and TS maps are often mod maps OnLine, but they dont give support to modded games. But ask them plz...

yeah Gob I did assume you had already asked cliff and or WW for some converters.  Are they holding out incase they decide to do another one? are any other games in .xbf u think generals is?  think so devatior gas will change their mainds? ;D