Mod Tutorials

jacobdouds

Yes, thats all fine, put in the nessacary data, and in the Third Vetenary level section, put

TurretAttach = Lasergunforspiderthingygun

Thank you again Kingpin for this infoa while back

Was I the only one that listened?

I read it and will use it. I just never replied... Kingpin, you're ideas are phenominal... I can't wait...

Jacob and Volt's Face Dancer really has me thinking...If two True/False statements cancel each other out, is it possible to simply lateral move your unit to another, more convenient unit? Say for an aerial APC, switch from the Orni=True to APC=True when it lands to release the troops? Or say, my idea for a support Leech, switch it from repairing your units to infecting his? What are the limits to the morphing sequence? Could it be possible to have the Saboteur do the same, switch units, so that we could build real paratroopers? If, after all that, we still have the MCV-class. What are the limits to that, what can we make? Is it possible to build a trojan horse? An MCV that you can transport via ADVCarryall and deploy it into a new type of offensive structure? Picture a combat barracks. Maybe you could build a special unit from there, trade exoribant price per unit, for speed of production. You wouldn't pay 1000 dollars for a grunt to take a hill, but what would you pay to take his construction yard??? Or you could build something totally useless, and sell it, leaving say a plattoon of grunts on the ground. Indeed, while we have an extraordinary amount of restrictions placed on us, we do have quite a bit that we can use.

• 2 months later...

perhaps we could make it at 3rd vet level someone gets a devastator self-destruct. In theory it would work. also the spider thing would mean first wep would be overridden by the laser thing

Some vehicles in my mod, when they get 3 chevrons, they can't be leeched or deviated, and they're no longer tasty to worms. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

That depends on the type of unit you want to use. Copy the attributes of the turret that you want to make a replica of. Now tell that turret to use a new bullet. If you want to keep the new weapon seperate from the original weapon (so that the changes only affect one of them), then you'll have to add the bullet and turret data in to their corresponding attribute sections as well as put the names of the new bullets and turrets in to the declaration section.

• 1 month later...

Btw, you won't see the color change in the game setup screen, but you will notice the difference in the actual game. Gob posted the skirmish color textures awhile back, and I've still got them, but I have yet to figure out how to modify them for use by the game so the game setup colors will be different. I might just try changing the colors and then replacing the ones in the game with them. If anyone knows how to make the game use different colors in the game setup screen, please let me know.

Btw, you won't see the color change in the game setup screen, but you will notice the difference in the actual game. Gob posted the skirmish color textures awhile back, and I've still got them, but I have yet to figure out how to modify them for use by the game so the game setup colors will be different. I might just try changing the colors and then replacing the ones in the game with them. If anyone knows how to make the game use different colors in the game setup screen, please let me know.

i forgot the filenames in the 3ddata0001 file, if you open the pink one, it is a little pink square, just fill that with the red color you put in the artini file.