The Shai-Hulud mod, released!

Timenn

Yes, I posted some screenshots at Inoc's forum.

But we are still busy, however not so busy as we used to.

I made some Building Textures. And after those and the icons I think we (inoc and I) can start to finish all kind of bugs and flaws and balancing

Yep, we should be done very soon. The mod includes all that it originally set out to include, along with a hole lot of extras. Each of the subhouses has an extra two units, along with three for each great house (Hark, Ordos, and Fremen). I expect we'll have the hole thing out in 2 or 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't know how long it takes. I'm quite a perfectionist on this mod.

However, Inoc, before adding the second extra unit to the subhouses, we can better test the other things and make sure they are correct. Right?

I trust you if you tell me that every unit/building works correctly :). However I was also referring to the balancing issue, because I think there are still units which need balancing.

I will try it all out as soon as my exams are over

• 1 month later...

This mod is still in progress, and it will only be out when it is finished.

I did the icons. I got tired of the poor icons of Westwood, and I didn't knew where to get a blank icon. So I did this. Notice that every House has its own icon background.

I'm glad you like them

Good news!

The mod is nearing completion. And I think I can upload it at the end of the week. (Big! 16,5 MB)

If no sudden errors occur. Then the release date will be the end of the week!

• 2 weeks later...

The Shai-Hulud mod has been finished. There should be no more bugs in it and the balance is quite well, so there is no more reason to delay, except for that I have to wait for Gobalopper to upload it.

Bad news for the dial-ups. The mod is 16,4 mb large. Because many graphics are altered.

I will inform you when it is availabe for download

The Shai-Hulud mod has been finished. There should be no more bugs in it and the balance is quite well, so there is no more reason to delay, except for that I have to wait for Gobalopper to upload it.

Bad news for the dial-ups. The mod is 16,4 mb large.

That's what my download manager is for. ;)

I've downloaded a 150MB .exe file before (game demo ::)), so 16.4MB is nothing really. :)

I look forward to downloading and trying out your mod. Great job on getting it completed.

• 2 months later...

I can't imagine that no one found a bug in this mod, since this was the first release. So have people discovered any?

I made a website for this mod:

www.few.vu.nl/~twvdberg/shaihulud/

Check it out, and for those who haven't downloaded it yet, try it. And if you connection is slow, then you can first try the no-graphics version (no graphic files included in that one, so no new graphics) it is only ~100 KB, when you like it you can download the full one.

It's strange, but for some reason the mod appears to be unstable on my game. It plays fine for awhile, then it begins lagging and getting choppy once all the bases build up and units start roaming the map. Then I get a crash to desktop (CTD), with no error message. :-