Dune 2000 mission map editor released!

Klofkac

i know it may be to late to ask but is their a way to actually play these maps?

im not too good with moding or anything of that manner but i do enjoy playing Dune 2000 a lot as well as emperor batlle for dune.

if anyone could help me so i am able to play these maps that i edited with this map maker that would be great!

i know it may be to late to ask but is their a way to actually play these maps?

im not too good with moding or anything of that manner but i do enjoy playing Dune 2000 a lot as well as emperor batlle for dune.

if anyone could help me so i am able to play these maps that i edited with this map maker that would be great!

So you edited the original campaign missions, right? If you edited the campaign missions, all you have to do is to make a backup (so you will be able to play again the original mission whenever you want), to edit it (put the units/buildings/terrain that you want) and after this save it with the same name. For example, if you edit Ordos mission 9 there are 2 versions (the ones that you see in the campaign map screen, where you choose the region). You have to save the edited map and replace the old one. Then just open Ordos mission 9 ( let's presume that you edited mission 9 for Ordos, version 1.. So the map will be: O9V1.MAP . If you have GruntMods you don't actually need the campaign selection screen, but if not, Load mission 9 for Ordos and choose the red Harkonnen territory for version 1 (O9V1.MAP) and the blue Atreides territory for version 2 (O9V2.MAP).

In less words, if you want to play your own missions you have to replace an original one. (preferable the same mission that you edited, try not to edit mission 6 and replace mission 9)

In two days... shocked.gif

Thank you for the hard work.

One small problem/bug. I think you didn't keep in mind the screen resolution 1680x1050 (22inch) or bigger, because when the map preview is bigger than 1280 it does not display anything any more...

See:

post-2251-0-69399800-1313932713_thumb.jp

//edit: I think it's this in the main.dfm:

object MapCanvas: TImage
Left = 4
Top = 4
Width = 1280
Height = 960
onmousedown = MapCanvasMouseDown
onmousemove = MapCanvasMouseMove
end

that should be 1680 or higher... I don't know how to compile Delphi... so I'll leave it to you... :-)

what are these concrete tilesets? anyone tried to use them?

yes i tried them. They don't have EXACTLY the same color as normal concrete, they cannot be damaged or destroyed and you can't build on them. They can be used if you want to represent the ruins of an old base, for example.

I edited 9V1 mission of ordos!

What do you think about it? cheesy.gif

======== INFO =============

This is a edit of the mission Ordos 9 version 1.

It contains nice 'free' fights as the fremen take it up against the Emperor or when the Smugglers go against the Attreides. Don't forgot the Mercenaries who have a strong Starport and are ready to kick the Harkonnen while they keep you safe when you are setting up base.

The Fremen keep the pressure away from you, but that won't last forever...

Also, watch out by building a Starport - the Smugglers won't like that! The same goes for a Palace, the Fremen aren't keen on an Ordos Palace... suicide is not acceptable in Fremen culture.

Made by D2k Sardauker, 2011.

======== TO INSTALL ============

Just copy O9V1.MAP and _O9V1.MIS into the folder mission (in the Dune 2000 folder) - click "yes" on overwrite. If you don't like the map, do the same but with the files in the original folder.

Ordos 9V1 Edit.zip

In two days... shocked.gif

Thank you for the hard work.

One small problem/bug. I think you didn't keep in mind the screen resolution 1680x1050 (22inch) or bigger, because when the map preview is bigger than 1280 it does not display anything any more...

Of course I know well about it. Actually, I was awaiting when somebody report it.

I spent several hours solving this problem. I did not know how to increase resolution of TImage. For example, when you have TImage of some begginning size, you draw into it and then you make it bigger, the added space in the image doesn't display. So I solved it by setting big beginning size of the image to 1280*960 and just hoped people won't have big monitors undecided.gif

I thought it's enough and wanted program not to consume lot of memory.

If anybody could figure out how to increase size of image (with no limits) it would be great.

Or I can just set size to 1680 and release new version with some bugfixes and improvements.

I edited 9V1 mission of ordos!

Ehm, why EVERYBODY is editing mission 9 of Ordos? :laugh:

very nice map and i see , you like so alot ordos, maybe something for atreides? i have made map for atreides and alot of enemies that are "functional" they build more units and you have to........ win and survive as three harkonnen one emperor base engage you :D i will release map soon when i finish it

Great map, I really enjoyed it :D

Playing your map, I decided to release a "demo mission" of my Harkonnen Campaign. Because I started to remake all the campaigns. I already finished Ordos and now I'm approaching to finish the Harkonnen one. Here is mission 8 of Harkonnen, from a total of 10. It will replace H8V1. Note that I come with a complete new story. All the campaigns are "linked" to each other.

I know that the terrain is not the best, I'm just not enough patient to work on it :D but when I will release the campaign I will try to fix the terrain.

Please report any bug or problem with this mission. Enjoy. (I also included the briefing iin a .txt . It is the briefing of this mission in the Harkonnen campaign, so you can make a little idea about what is about this campaign. I will soon give you more details if you are interested :D )

H8V1.zip

Of course I know well about it. Actually, I was awaiting when somebody report it.

I spent several hours solving this problem. I did not know how to increase resolution of TImage. For example, when you have TImage of some begginning size, you draw into it and then you make it bigger, the added space in the image doesn't display. So I solved it by setting big beginning size of the image to 1280*960 and just hoped people won't have big monitors undecided.gif

I thought it's enough and wanted program not to consume lot of memory.

If anybody could figure out how to increase size of image (with no limits) it would be great.

Or I can just set size to 1680 and release new version with some bugfixes and improvements.

Ehm, why EVERYBODY is editing mission 9 of Ordos? :laugh:

Most eventful mission in the game.

Playing your map, I decided to release a "demo mission" of my Harkonnen Campaign. Because I started to remake all the campaigns. I already finished Ordos and now I'm approaching to finish the Harkonnen one. Here is mission 8 of Harkonnen, from a total of 10. It will replace H8V1. Note that I come with a complete new story. All the campaigns are "linked" to each other.

I know that the terrain is not the best, I'm just not enough patient to work on it :D but when I will release the campaign I will try to fix the terrain.

Please report any bug or problem with this mission. Enjoy. (I also included the briefing iin a .txt . It is the briefing of this mission in the Harkonnen campaign, so you can make a little idea about what is about this campaign. I will soon give you more details if you are interested :D )

There was no way I could win, so I edited... custom spice for me only.. moehaha. After killing the mercenaries I found a bug... it kept repeating the message forever...

The mercenaries have been annihilated!

There was no way I could win, so I edited... custom spice for me only.. moehaha. After killing the mercenaries I found a bug... it kept repeating the message forever...

thx, bug fixed.. I found that to make the message show only once we have to use dummy conditions.

i finished the harkonnen campaign. In the very first missions the terrain is low quality, because you probably already know, i hate terrain editing :D. I will need some beta testers to tell if the missions are too easy/difficult, find bugs etc. And also if somebody wants to improve the terrain in the first few missions, i will sincerely say "thank you!" :)

Hello.

Several years ago, I made a couple of multiplayer maps with Domination and Shai-Hulud. I played them as skirmish but now I decided to publish them.

Download: maps.zip

You can play them as multiplayer but you can also use them for campaign missions (so you can add buildings, modify terrain and release as mission). Hope they will help, I think some of them are good quality. Enjoy.

your missionfile is broken , winrar cant open that file

your missionfile is broken , winrar cant open that file

you mean the h8v1 that i uploaded? Well d2k sardaukar played it. I will upload it also in .rar format in a hour or two, when i arrive to my pc. Maybe that's the problem.

Well i checked my upload and my WinRar didn't encounter any problem. I see that .rar format is not accepted on this forum, like it is not accepted in ANY forum by the way. What does WinRar say ? It is an error when you extract the .mis file?

Also, if you want to see the rest of the missions just tell me, I will upload them here.

Well i checked my upload and my WinRar didn't encounter any problem. I see that .rar format is not accepted on this forum, like it is not accepted in ANY forum by the way. What does WinRar say ? It is an error when you extract the .mis file?

Also, if you want to see the rest of the missions just tell me, I will upload them here.

It isn't accepted by default, but I have been top forums where it is allowed. Upload the .rar to a third party file host, then link to it here. I recommend mediafire.

Ok, I uploaded it on MegaUpload because I have an account there, on MediaFire not. Here it is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VFTXBDHP

You do not need an account for mediafire, and there is no throttling or wait times.

Edit: here you go, its hosted by me, so no need to wait 35 seconds for 8kb.

http://www.gruntmods.com/aKaFedaYkin/H8V1.rar