Dune 2000 mission map editor released!

Klofkac

Yes, I know that the Starport condition is the problem, that's why I want to make reinforcements for Ordos (me), so it won't need an emperor staport to be built. And about what I modified: in O9V2, offset FAC0 i changed 03 to 02 so now Ordos receives Emperor's reinforcements, changed the number of units dropped by the frigate (from 05 to 10) and added new units to the drop (hark combat tanks, sardaukars, troopers etc.) i'd like to make this task force come to the ordos starport without the "if Emperor Starport exists"

Yes, I know that the Starport condition is the problem, that's why I want to make reinforcements for Ordos (me), so it won't need an emperor staport to be built. And about what I modified: in O9V2, offset FAC0 i changed 03 to 02 so now Ordos receives Emperor's reinforcements, changed the number of units dropped by the frigate (from 05 to 10) and added new units to the drop (hark combat tanks, sardaukars, troopers etc.) i'd like to make this task force come to the ordos starport without the "if Emperor Starport exists"

Im not into editing conditions yet, so that will have to wait.

Ok but just explain a bit more that thing with 'change any regular event code to 01".. pls.. tell me where i find this.. (offset).

This image is as far as im willing to go at present.

Reinforcement%20Event%20Sample%20Tut.png

Here is a list of all the units that are possible to spawn from an event, and the appropriate values for each.

00:Light infantry

01:trooper

02:Engineer

03:Thumper

04:Sadukar

05:trike

06:raider

07:quad

08:harvester

09: A combat tank

0A: H combat tank

0B: O combat tank

0C: MCV

0D: Missle tank

0E: Deviator

0F: Seige Tank

10: Sonic Tank

11: Devastator

12: Carryall

13: A Carryall (discovered in tibed)

14: Ornithropter (useless)

15: Stealth Fremen

16: Fremen

17: saboteur

18: Death Hand Missile (Flies off screen, does not return)

19: Light Infantry (Glitched,invisible, invinsible, immobile, does no damage)

1A: Frigate (starport)

1B: Grenadier

1C: Stealth Raider

1D: MP Sadukar

thx a lot :D

What Hex editor do you use? that one, XVI32 ?

and this is for Atreides mission 5, the offset is the same for all missions? and if not, do I have to find it by myself or there is a list?

thx a lot :D

What Hex editor do you use? that one, XVI32 ?

and this is for Atreides mission 5, the offset is the same for all missions? and if not, do I have to find it by myself or there is a list?

Its not a normal _A5V1, that specific event was added to the file by mvi, and no, every mission has its own events and conditions. The values I listed will work with any mission though, so if you edit the value for the emperors reinforcements in O9V2, he would receive them by carryall instead, but they would still stop when the starport is destroyed, as that is still a condition for the event.

New version (alpha 0.2) released!

Today I programmed a new version of my Campaign Editor. I added new features and made some improvements.

Here is download:

D2kEditor.zip

Main new features are:

- You can scroll map also with keyboard arrows and by clicking into minimap. Scrolling should be smoother now

- Added carryall and worm spawn/spice bloom sprites

- Auto detecting tileset from .mis file

- Key shortcuts, reloading map, direct save map

- Resize and shifting map

- Energy calculator (not working properly, I need to find correct energy calculation formula)

In next version, I'll finally add terrain editing support, now use it in combination with Shai-Hulud.

If you find some bug please tell me, but it should be okay.

Looking forward to your replies.

New version (alpha 0.2) released!

Today I programmed a new version of my Campaign Editor. I added new features and made some improvements.

Here is download:

D2kEditor.zip

Main new features are:

- You can scroll map also with keyboard arrows and by clicking into minimap. Scrolling should be smoother now

- Added carryall and worm spawn/spice bloom sprites

- Auto detecting tileset from .mis file

- Key shortcuts, reloading map, direct save map

- Resize and shifting map

- Energy calculator (not working properly, I need to find correct energy calculation formula)

In next version, I'll finally add terrain editing support, now use it in combination with Shai-Hulud.

If you find some bug please tell me, but it should be okay.

Looking forward to your replies.

I can host this if you want. You can either make an html page for it, or ill make a standard Gruntmods page for it.

Good job Klofkac, scrolling on the minimap is a very good feature.

Gruntlord, so if I want to make Starport reinforcements from scratch, I mean not modifying other Houses', I have to set up a condition and an event?

I can host this if you want. You can either make an html page for it, or ill make a standard Gruntmods page for it.

Yes you can host it. Make standard Gruntmods page.

And please I need help with finding the correct energy calculation formula. The energy seems to be logarithmic function. I used the formula: energy = log2((output / need)+1)*100%, that means if output = need it will be 100%. It sometimes gives good results, but in many cases the result is not same as in game. If you can do some research for it it would be great. Thanks.

I made a mission with Klofkac's editor.

it's a remake of O9V2, where you will receive Starport reinforcements and use them to attack and capture a Smuggler base (including Con Yard). I know that the terrain is not the best, I really hadn't time to fix it, sry guys :(

I hope you will enjoy it, more informations in the readme file xD

O9V2.zip

Good job Klofkac, scrolling on the minimap is a very good feature.

Gruntlord, so if I want to make Starport reinforcements from scratch, I mean not modifying other Houses', I have to set up a condition and an event?

Yes, but keep in mind any event can have multiple conditions(and vice versa).

Yes you can host it. Make standard Gruntmods page.

And please I need help with finding the correct energy calculation formula. The energy seems to be logarithmic function. I used the formula: energy = log2((output / need)+1)*100%, that means if output = need it will be 100%. It sometimes gives good results, but in many cases the result is not same as in game. If you can do some research for it it would be great. Thanks.

Have you determined the energy requirements of each building?

You can view and edit these in Tibed.

Of course! I used Tibed to get each building output/need and used the values in program. It is possible I made a mistake somewhere but I'm sure I rewrote all values correctly. The problem is I can't figure out the proper formula for power (not energy, I'll fix it). If you have only construction yard or wind traps, power = output/2 + 100.

Out of interest, why not supply the default tilesets in the graphics folder with the release?

Btw, updated the Toolkit with your 0.2 release, would have done it sooner but it's been a busy couple of days.

New version (alpha 0.3) was released!

Download:

D2kEditor.zip

Here is also download link to mediafire.

Today I programmed new version with finally terrain editing support. This should be final version for now - I think the editor has all important features that it needs (except copy&paste and some other though). The terrain editing is not as good as it could be - it is here only for minor modifications in map, I still recommend to use Shai-Hulud for editing the terrain first and then use this editor to add buildings and units. I did not want to spend much time programming something that is already done.

So the main new features are:

- Terrain editing support (you can place a tile block of chosen size, you select the block from tileset or copy from map, sand/rock/dunes paint support)

- You can see terrain on minimap (TILEATR files used for this purpose)

- Added "change structures owner" feature

- Added help

- Now distributed with tileset files

As I said, this will be final version for now (if any bug not reported), copy&paste feature and better terrain editing is quite difficult.

Hope it will work well and looking forward your opinions and maps.

Also looking forward mvi's mis file editor (nice work man).

New version (alpha 0.3) was released!

Download:

D2kEditor.zip

Here is also download link to mediafire.

Today I programmed new version with finally terrain editing support. This should be final version for now - I think the editor has all important features that it needs (except copy&paste and some other though). The terrain editing is not as good as it could be - it is here only for minor modifications in map, I still recommend to use Shai-Hulud for editing the terrain first and then use this editor to add buildings and units. I did not want to spend much time programming something that is already done.

So the main new features are:

- Terrain editing support (you can place a tile block of chosen size, you select the block from tileset or copy from map, sand/rock/dunes paint support)

- You can see terrain on minimap (TILEATR files used for this purpose)

- Added "change structures owner" feature

- Added help

- Now distributed with tileset files

As I said, this will be final version for now (if any bug not reported), copy&paste feature and better terrain editing is quite difficult.

Hope it will work well and looking forward your opinions and maps.

Also looking forward mvi's mis file editor (nice work man).

http://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Campagin_Map_Editor/

Updated