Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5 coming 11/11/11

Andrew

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5 coming 11/11/11

Has a trailer, that shows DRAGONS! Although probably won't have dragons in it. (I assume they were in dragon age origins, so no need in another game)

Anyone excited?

I'm playing Oblivion right now (as warrior), and thoroughly enjoy it. Once I get bored of it, I'll install Nehrim total conversion mod. I'll probably play oblviion as spellcaster first though.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Oblivion for Christmas and as an avid Fallout fan, I'm really enjoying the system (though I admittedly miss VATS). Aspects of the gameplay are a little bit different, but really that's more of a positive than a point of complaint. Variety is, as they say... well, you know what they say. Kind of looking forward to ES5?

I got Oblivion for Christmas and as an avid Fallout fan, I'm really enjoying the system (though I admittedly miss VATS). Aspects of the gameplay are a little bit different, but really that's more of a positive than a point of complaint. Variety is, as they say... well, you know what they say. Kind of looking forward to ES5?

I assume you got game of the year edition? For xbox/ps3 or PC?

What character/class are you playing? I started out warrior, but for last 10 level ups I've got my Intelligence/Willpower up so conjuration skill up past 75, as summoning creatures is great distraction, and currently powerful enough to kill most enemies (faded wraith and storm atronarch are great). Upgrading conjuration is easy, just get weakest summon spell possible and do it constantly to increase conjuration skill.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

Has all info you need on how to play and stuff. First Time Players is nice to read.

I bought most expensive horse possible, 1 house, and about to buy another house.

If on PC, you should install unofficial mod as it fixes lots of stuff. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch

Also instal official patch first http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Patch

PS3. I've looked over the wiki a little, including reading the first timers thing (I pretty much have already done what it suggested except for lowering difficulty). I went with Baurus' suggestion and took the assassin class. I'm Imperial under the sign of the thief. What's really funny is that my wife (who really hates fpss) built a Drow knight last night and played it for like four hours.

Is that drow as in a custom mod or drow as in dunmer? They're not quite the same thing, but I did both in Morrowind so I figured I should clarify.

Me, I like spellcasters. Especially paralysis combined with lightning. Horribly expensive, but very satisfying.

Also, Terence Stamp voiced Mankar Camoran, the Emperor was voiced by Patrick Stewart.

Duh.

Is that drow as in a custom mod or drow as in dunmer? They're not quite the same thing, but I did both in Morrowind so I figured I should clarify.

Me, I like spellcasters. Especially paralysis combined with lightning. Horribly expensive, but very satisfying.

Also, Terence Stamp voiced Mankar Camoran, the Emperor was voiced by Patrick Stewart.

Duh.

You're right. On the issue of Elder Scrolls, you will usually be right.

Oh yes, it's the game of the year edition, btw.

Dark Elf, technically speaking. I tend to think of them as drow (dark skin and pointy ears with white hair). My wife's coloring is weird though, so her character actually looks like a Naa'vi.

[colour=#005FFF]For anyone that's interested, this project to bring the graphics of Morrowind up to modern standards has just reached completion. The site only has the files up as a torrent at the moment, and it's somewhere in the region of 4GB in size, but the screenshots are pretty.

Link here: [/colour]http://morrowind2011.wordpress.com/

[colour=#005FFF]For anyone that's interested, this project to bring the graphics of Morrowind up to modern standards has just reached completion. The site only has the files up as a torrent at the moment, and it's somewhere in the region of 4GB in size, but the screenshots are pretty.

Link here: [/colour]http://morrowind2011.wordpress.com/

I don't see screenshots of finished project anywhere.

Thanks for link.

Speaking of Drow, I received Neverwinter Nights 2 today.

Although I'm guessing they are not in it.

They are! Sort of. You can play as one anyway.

I'll... not say anything about NWN2. Don't want to spoil it for you. :)

As for Morrowind's update, I haven't downloaded it yet (where is my copy of that game...?) but I have looked into it. I am impressed.

They are! Sort of. You can play as one anyway.

I'll... not say anything about NWN2. Don't want to spoil it for you. :)

As for Morrowind's update, I haven't downloaded it yet (where is my copy of that game...?) but I have looked into it. I am impressed.

Thanks for the link. youtube video was really good in 720p. I downloaded torrent. Says he is releasing a patch soon, so might be better to wait a bit.

I'll probably play as wizard in NWN2.

• 5 weeks later...

Its been confirmed there will be dragons in Skyrim, also perks that used to be gained by reaching certain degrees in skill (Journeyman, Expert etc) will instead be given separately and chosen by the player, in a similar fashion to Fallouts perk system, its going to be a very different game, less a Morrowind Oblivion child as much as a Fallout Oblivion child. Hopefully the radiant quests and other new things things will make it as immersive feeling as Morrowind. Unfortunately they also further reduced the number of skills. I'm curious how you all feel about that, I always felt the continuous cut back starts to baby the player, making the difficult choice of choosing skills to pursue first much easier because there is less of them. Also I feel having more skills allows you to make more unique feeling characters. Dungeons are going to be tailored to an individual characters skill set as well apparently. One intriguing thing I also read is that creatures are going to be given more unique AI to their species, I think this will be a great feature. Most of this information is from a gaming magazine my roommate bought with a nice long Skyrim article. Oh and there will also be Draconic words of power u can use, u have to find them to use them, and they come in sets where each word you gather for a particular phrase increases the power of its effect. And also when you kill a dragon you absorb its soul, and there will be finishing moves that vary on what weapon your using and the species your killing. So they also put a little God of War in it. And this is a terribly written reply but I just kept thinking of stuff to tell you guys.

Oblivion was already more simpler than morrowind. They are tailoring it more towards consoles. Can't have a complicated game on a console.

I found myself in Oblivion fast traveling everywhere, which was great if I didn't feel like spending 30 minutes manually traveling there. But on the downside it reduced difficulty because in morrowind you could easily die or use up lots of potions etc just trying to get to a location (cave etc). Getting there was 1/2 the battle. In Oblivion, all you had to do was get far enough away from enemies, then fast travel to a town for supplies, and fast travel back to where you were.

Dammnit, now I'm installing morrowind and dozens of mods to update it. argh. There goes my Saturday afternoon.

edit:

installed morrowind +mods. Getting 5-10 FPS. My new computer can't even handle it :P

awesome, a bat attacked me inside balmora.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Morroblivion: The Resurrection of Morrowind

Morrowind using Oblivion graphics. OMG. Installing it sounds complicated though. So maybe wait couple months.

Even more OMG!

Morroblivion Visual Overhaul - take nice looking morrowblivion and make look much better. Apparently you need high end graphics card.

Looking at all pictures in thread is rewarding. No version is released yet of this mod.