Atreides Turrets??

FalcoWolf

Machine Gun Post: Much better than an Ordos chemical turret as it is not worthless against vehicles. Back up with 2-5 kindjal. Range bad against Kobras.

Rocket Turret: Terrible against infantry. excellant against vehicles. when backed up with snipers or Minotauros they are pretty good. Range good 4 anti air.

Plz tell me if these are correct or not

A couple of machine gun posts are great against light vehicles too. Including they help to an extent with lazer tanks. In my final missions for As I found it much more useful to scatter them across the building aread because those pain in the butt lazer tanks get inside the base on high speed and maneuver like a motherf------ around my units. Litter the place with wind traps too. It helps to stop their fast movement and makes them do a lot of corners.

You are correct Falcowolf  ;D and also machine gun post is pretty good against structure and it can chop all kinds of units too bad it has poor armor and range Thats my main defense and with a few minotaurus.....All I lack is Anti air so keep that in mind Falcowolf ;D once I am ready I need air defense

I also noticed that R-turrets have the most hit points of any turret.  While the gun and pop-up (crappy) turres are only slightly tougher than low end (anti-infanyry) turrets, R-turrets can survive a death hand, and live considerably longer than their high-end counterparts.  Without a doubt, the best turret in the game.

The problem with pop-up turrrets is that they have no range and can't hit air units.  Sure, they're powerful against vehicals stupid enough to get into their range, but they suck in every other aspect, especially range.  And since your opponent would probably scout the ares, they'll know where these crappy turrets are hidden.  Pop-up turrets are a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a strange system of balencing then, because the pop-up turret is the sadest excuse for a turret in emperor (with the possibly exception of those crappy Tlielaxu living turrets).  Even most harkonen units have more range than them.  It's their range that makes them a waste of money (and power).  I guess they could be ok against the computer, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...