Perpetual air strike

Chaos_Storm

No I'm not talking about having 4 fleets of 8 Ornithopters and 16 or 24 Landing pads.

I'm talking about using Air Drones to hit ground units using the Advanced Carryall. I know using Advanced Carryalls to pick up enemy units can let any AA weapon shoot it but only the Air Drone can match Adv. Carryall speed and shoot whilst moving. You could use Air Drones to destroy enemy Carryalls, then pick up their Harvesters and kill them off too before they can react.

Before they can react? Usually, an experienced player will set up a defence around their spice fields (including strong AA defences) so you won't get much opportunity to pick up their harvesters and destroy them with Air Drones.  Advanced Carryalls are expensive and take a while to build, and you'll probably be too busy with something else going on (e.g. the other players attacking your carryalls or harvesters). If you catch them off guard that may be a good tactic though. Just make sure that your own base is secure, otherwise you might be the one that gets caught off guard.

True. Don't neglect your defence whilst you do a rush.

This doesn't have to be a rush tactic though. Stray enemy vehicles can be picked up to further train your Air Drones and generally annoy the enemy. You might want to pick off key units in a battle if you judge it safe to do so.

I like to kidnap harvesters and put them down far enough away from the enemy base. Then the air drones kill the carryalls easy.  If you can put an MCV on a piece of rock and build a wall-cage (then rescue the MCV), then you can kill the harvesters with infantry and possibly make them elite for use as drill seargants.  Remember that all the advanced carryall has to do is get in and getout and that diversions can help to keep the enemy off guard. Fremen can take down whatever units are guarding the spice field in a quick suprise attack.

• 2 months later...