Fed2k PRP board gains notoriety?

''Throw in Gunwounds and a few others, and those were the glory days of PRP.''

Forgive me if I don't see the glory in dealing with nutjobs. Sure there may have been a lot of activity, but one sensible paragraph is worth infinitely more than pages of ''demonic test tube baby discussion''

Such ''discussions'' are about as glorious as cleaning up the drool at the insane asylum.

Do you also think that a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night is a worthless whore and should be shunned by any decent man except when he wants to have sex?

Oh my, was that an opinion expressed by Gunwounds?  That's rather odd considering that he once discussed, in this forum, the fact that he and his girlfriend were quite "active," and yet he considered her to be marriage material. So if he has expressed such an opinion in the past, either he has experienced a change of heart, or he has contradicted himself.

Regardless, I believe that the same moral code and conventions should be equally applied to both genders.

What do you think he meant by "Gunwounds?"

This is a gaming forum.  He, along with most of the FED2k members, signed up on this forum using their E:BFD logins.  In context, a name like "Gunwounds" is not unusual.

What do you think he meant by "Gunwounds?"

Mostly, I just thought it was an extremely cool name, and not that Gunwounds relished in inflicting pain or offending people. Heh, and even if he did, he wouldn't be the only forum member who was guilty of such.

Wolf -- should we assume that your name implies anything in particular about you or the name Hwi about myself?  Sometimes a name is just a name.

Mostly, I just thought it was an extremely cool name, and not that Gunwounds relished in inflicting pain or offending people. Heh, and even if he did, he wouldn't be the only forum member who was guilty of such.

Wolf -- should we assume that your name implies anything in particular about you or the name Hwi about myself?  Sometimes a name is just a name.

...you mean you're not  the physical embodiment of goodness as your name implies?  A Goddess among us lowly forum dwellers?

Damn, I owe Dante a coke.

I really was just being facetious--attempting to make you all think of the dirty ways in which Gunwounds' name (which, incidentally, was "Gunwounds") might be related to something sexual. But, acknowledging that his name is a gamertag, it was nonetheless highly appropriate given his conservative, 2nd Amendment-loving, cowboy mentality. I'm not making any judgment, here--I like that; a true Denny Crane sympathizer--I simply thought it appropriate.

P.S., Thanks go to Dunenewt for getting it, or if not getting the initial joke, at least indulging in one member's momentary bout of flippancy. I'm willing to admit that I'm one of the most serious, humorless members here, but--and do correct me if I'm wrong--I can't help but feel that you two got a little defensive about that. Was there really something in my eight-word post that could have been interpreted as a kind-of criticism of Gunwounds-as-name? I really would be more than willing, and actually very interested, to read how you guys made the inferences you did.

• 3 months later...
Wolf -- should we assume that your name implies anything in particular about you or the name Hwi about myself? Sometimes a name is just a name.

Ha! That's what they want you to think. Don't you see the connections? "Wolf" - why would anyone pick that username? Let's go back and look at the origins of this phenomenon. "Wolf", you see, is a word of German origin. And in medieval Germany it was used as part of some people's names. Name like Adalwolf, for example, which meant "noble wolf". Now, you may know this name in a shorter, modern version: Adolf! So you see, "Wolf" is sending us a message. He's sending us a message that he's a subversive Nazi who wants to take away our freedom and our guns!

[/Glenn Beck mode] ;D