DUNE2K.COM Emperor: Battle for Dune multiplayer guide videos!

;D Hey guys! I wanted to share this to all of you so badly. I hope admins would like this idea and to let me know if anything is wrong. I will make all the changes necessary.

Please keep in mind that:

- This is not an official video from the game nor from Dune2k.com. You got something to ask about the video? just send me a private message or post comments in this thread.

- I did this short preview fast just to give you guys an idea of how the videos are gonna be. I was sleepy it was 4 am, so dont expect anything WOW in here. Even though this video doesnt look as "kewl" or professional the idea is to provide new players a video tutorial and help them to catch up the game.

- NOT THE FINAL VIDEO CHANGES WOULD BE APPLIED LATER ON, more effects, out of sync correction, more clips etc etc.

- MORE IMPORTANT TO KEEP AWAY THE BIG MOUTHS with all respect, this video was intended to show only BASICS and not to show off some of the skills of any of the players in this game.

- And lastly... Im doing this to help and to learn also.

ANYONE who wants to join me and share what they know or think I should add for this video just post it in here, or send me a private.

There WOULD be more videos if I have the time to do so. Im going for more.

COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

MISTAKES? JUST LET ME KNOW.

This is a 45 seconds video preview of the this tutorial. Texts and subtitles can be seen better in "High Quality" option available in Youtube.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvGFEljQtk

UPDATED! TO SHOW A LITTLE PROGRESS....

Sorry Im going too slow with this.. something came up that I had to took care of. I will do what I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2APl4otJo&feature=channel

VERY COOL KINDJAL!! The only thought I had after watching was, (keep in mind I don't know crap about making videos, how long you can make it etc.) that my eyes were drawn to the action of the battle, not the instructions. Perhaps if you could cut back and forth? Or pause the vid for a second each time you you put up a line of instruction? But regardless of how you do it it's all good. I had started one night a few weeks ago, after finding Emperor vids on you-tube, to add a comment about being able to play for FREE on our server, I got quite a few emails from people who liked the game but didn't know that you could still play online. Maybe some of these people have shown up online, I have seen a lot of new names on the who's online page lately. So perhaps at the end, or the beginning you could put a longer link to the website to direct strangers here. This could be a great recruiting tool!

Thank you all guys and yeah I agree with vodoo. This could be a great recruiting tool. Im planning to make a video to drag ppl's attention to this site.. hopefully I can make it to finish this video ASAP. I posted a second link for the video in the top of this thread (version 1.1). Sorry, Im going slow, something came up and had to took care of it. I posted this to show you a LITTLE progress. I need scenes by the way, so if anyone wants me to record a 2 v 2 game call me. I will not post who won, who lost. Just the gameplay.

Thanks all for your comments.

hey kindjal...,

ur vids looks awesome. great style. but it looks to much like a comercial vid. if u just want to make a comercial, than u shouldnt use that much text. if u realy want to teach and say how to get started, than i agree with voodoo. the text shows up and leaves way to fast. especialy those small text on the botton where u explain. always keep in mind, that there are a lot of non english speaking ppl out there, or at least not-that-good-english-speaking people.

u should make the text larger, even if it wont look that good (and see, that the videos on youtube are small...i not even recognized the bottom text...and when i realized, that there is something, i had to go full screen to read, and even than it was hard to follow cause of the speed).

if u want to teach, than the text is important, and not the thrashi style.

or do it like voodoo want, and pause the vid. could be good also.

all in all its great. u should just find e better way between comercial and teaching.

see u kiss u .... comon sleep with me :)

Yar very naic!

But this is a tutourial vid right?  seemed more like a scrim battle royale flick of sorts,

Especially with the music theme and constant 'action'

And is that supposed to be readable text? owww it hurts  it huuurrts!

Look man, not everyone has a 32" dual dvi monitor to read fine print like you.

Either that or i really need those specs more than i know...

I'd say step 1 would actually be the xwis thing, coz some ppl really have no idea eh..

But it looks good man!  just dont film me!!

boon a ekil yalp lliw dna,sparf tcepsus lliw i emag a hctaw uoy fi dnA

;D hehhe im slowing the text speed and making the fonts size larger to be more readable as suggested. Thank you all for the comments in here.  ::) @ eid: yeah the first video shouldve been how to get online, but bo basics was something that inspired me on that moment heheh. The next video ill make would be "how to get online" or something, with our servers xD promised.  ;D

Well, erh you can still use it..

My advice is to just do whatever scenes you need in any order you like.

Then use Premier or similar to put them all together maybe? 

Some things don't turn out as 'planned'

It's better to just flow like the spice,

and see if you get what you need as it plays out..

Just leave fraps goin when u play at any time..

It'l eat your hdd, but believe me it can help with misc things...

So how big is that Hdd anyways :P Don't go all low res on us now!!

We want full 1280x960 with 16xAF and 24xAA ,Good thing you just got that 3850 eh!

@ eid : yeah man .. like u were saying .. trying to get the scenes u want its harder than playing normal and then look for them.. and fortunately i had replaced my two 160 gbs hdds for one seagate barracuda 1500 gbs XD indeed videos by fraps takes a lot of space  >:( i can make it high quality but the problem is my internet .. 300k cable connection sucks .. lol these video previews of 1 min took me so long to upload .. and they were just about 22mb size.. hehe hd3850 its a good card for the price man ^^ hope i can get a much better card later on but im happy with this  ;D

Hey Kindjal, I don't know if you have ever seen this site or not. Here- Emprworm - is a link to Emprworm's Strategy site. Perhaps you could get some ideas from his Strategy slideshows Like this one and incorporate them into your videos. I am referring to the "pause the action for reading text issue" I was thinking like maybe you could do some video then a video slideshow then more video? I don't know if that is possible or not.

:) Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't referring to the strats themselves, but the slide shows he put together, and the fact that you could "study" them, read, then observe the next slide, then read, etc. I was wondering if that "approach" could be incorporated into your Vids in some sort of pause in the action for reading what YOU have say to the "Trainee's"

What I'm getting at is, I feel your Vid could be EXCELLENT "IF" they could actually LEARN from it. Otherwise it will just be an exciting short movie. But who knows, just that may be enough if people see it.

Also, for someone new, I feel there is SOME good advice to be had from Emprworm, new people might not know that you need 3 of each building for Max production, or what we all know about money management, about pausing armor to keep your money flowing, or just keeping an eye on output when your fighting.  I couldn't tell you how many games I lost early on because I "Died Rich" ::)

I thought the same as spaze about the strats, but vodoo was right on what he said about pausing the videos.. Im making the changes as suggested vodoo  ;) and thanks for the suggestion.

I will pause the video when text pops in.  ;D