Left 4 Dead

gunner154

• 4 weeks later...

i dont respect  any  fps  game  that dosnt let you zoom your weapon

that  kills the game for me from the first moment and

it makes no sense

no saving ,  no  campaign  scenario ,  no grenades  ,  only one weapon allowed at

a time  wtf  is so amazing about it ?

i need to uninstall it  really fast but adsl service is down  and i have nothing

eals to do  :/

Got the game a couple of days ago - must say, it's very good.  Yes, only 4 campaigns, but it's a different experience every time, even though you'd get used to the settings.  Plus, there's plenty of time for new campaigns and scenarios to be released, not to mention unofficial mods.

$picy, if you're having trouble with dying, then try letting your teammates (whether they're AI or other people) do some of the work, and remember to stick together.  Always knock back enemies if you're caught reloading, and make sure to keep your back to a wall during a horde attack.

The only weapon in the game with a zoom feature is the hunting rifle, which you'll get after one or two Safe Rooms.  If you need more accuracy, you can crouch, enabling headshots with the pistols or submachine gun.  As for the game making sense?  It's just a load of generic "4 people escape from zombie-infested area" scenarios, or "films" - it doesn't really need to make much sense. :)

EDIT: In response to your edits:

You save every time you get to a safe room.  There are four campaign scenarios, which can be played alone or with others.  You get molotov cocktails / pipe bombs, which are grenades of sorts.  You are allowed two guns - a shotgun / rifle / automatic rifle, plus your pistol/pistols, depending on whether you've found the second one.

You can uninstall the game via Steam without being online.  Just right-click it in the My Games window and Delete Local Content.

Team-mates don't follow orders because you can't give them.  You can make suggestions / call for help, but they're mostly working of their own volition.  They tend to get in the way a bit, yes, but you learn to compensate for that.

It makes a lot of sense not allowing you to zoom.  This isn't an army game, where you have time to sight along every weapon.  Even the hunting rifle has only one level of zoom to work with.  It's a different style of play than perhaps you're used to, but it's still valid and fun.

Granted, you can only carry one extra weapon (i.e. shotgun or rifle or automatic rifle), but this is another example of the style of gameplay.  You're not a one-man army with a different weapon for numbers 1 through 9 - you're a rag-tag group of survivors, without black holes for pockets.

And if you think the pistols are useless, you're not using them correctly. :P

I have gotten this game shortly after making that last post. It is absolutely awesome, and I'm strongly looking forward to future additional DLC that Valve hopefully releases in time to come. It's really fun playing with a really good and tight team, or with your friends. You won't be fighting enemies across great distances most of the time so scoping is rather redundant. Remember you're fighting zombies, not an enemy army.

If scoping is that important to you, use the hunting rifle. If that doesn't cut it, don't play the game.