Marx: Back by popular demand

Khan

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4981065.ece

I was going to post this in The Financial Crisis Explained but thought it might as well do with its on topic. It seems that after the success of the reunions of Led Zeppelin, Take That and the Spice Girls, Karl Marx has felt the time as right to go back on tour with his original line up. You can expect to see all your favourite hits: Das Kapital, The Communist Manifesto and A Stairway to Communism. Coming soon to a book shop near you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...if you were in my lectures, you'd never hear 'Marx: back by popular demand'.  His ideas are so vague in reference to my area of study, which means several people built on his ideas in different ways (Gramsci et al), which leads to an incredible amount of lecture notes.

It's caracteristic of Marx and some others to be reinvented and rehashed in 1000 different ways (I think some like the ideas, figure it doesn't work, and try another way to make it work :P). Marx is himself quoted for saying that he disagreed with Marxists.

Dunenewt: Where to you end up studying Gramsci? I thought I had understood you were into linguistics but I guess there's more

• 3 weeks later...