Joshua Zetemur's Adaptation of a Peter Berg Script of a Frank Herbert Novel

Gobalopper

From the Mahdi would post this but he can't from work category comes the following news on the Dune movie:

Josh Zetumer is in negotiations to pen the latest incarnation of "Dune," Frank Herbert's sprawling sci-fi epic, for Paramount Pictures.

More can be found in the news post at Ain't it Cool News. I really have no idea who Zetumer is but according to Variety he is one of 10 screenwriters to watch.

Zetumer is working on another dramatic script he wants to set up independently. "Once that's finished, I'd love to do a big science-fiction epic fantasy," he says. "It's about time my characters started having some fun."

Nah. "Science-fiction epic fantasy."

He'll be writing Dune with the help of the Hiking Hack and Luddite SciFiWriter.

It's gonna SUCK big time, wait and see.

(If by SOME MIRACLE

Mmmmm...nah.

I'll leave the "hope springs eternal" BS to you optimistic younglings.

A so-so minor director and now a virtually unknown screenwriter. Yeah, this is looking REAL GOOD. ::)

Everyone has to be minor at some point in time. Dune could bring to to the big time.

Did you perhaps mean Toto? As in the band? Or "And your little dog ~, too"?

No, of course not.

It's an interesting risk, though, for Paramount to be taking, using someone <b>minor</b> for a potential "tentpole" item.

But never fear, two experienced writers will always be on call! Phew...lucky that, no?

I was trying to give you a hint, click your heels and the whole wizard of anderson nightmare  could be over sandchigger ;)

To be honest I always thought that KJA and BH's novels had a fairly (wannabe) cinematic feel to them. I just hope there aren't too many allusions to the prequels as I really don't want to see Dune: The Star Wars Years.

I hope but I don't believe myself.

I seriously hope they do try to muck with it and insert allusions to their Terminator version of the Jihad and Mama Goddess Norma.

They've been working for a decade now and they're riding high on one apparent success after another. Pride goeth before a Fall and all that, and THEY'RE OVERDUE. ;D

They lacked the brains to stop after <i>Sandworms</i> and are pushing on with this completely unnecessary "Heroes of Dune" tetralogy...to "fill in the gaps" and correct Frank Herbert himself.

It promises to be tasty. 8)

(Oh, nice recover, by the way. ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

Let's say the movie-makers permitted the influence, I don't know if KJA&BA have advantage in being pushy. Even if most moviegoers might care just for a movie that's nice to go to, some commentators might find it annoying and undermine the popular fanbase.

So they should be pushy "just enough" so it doesn't show too much ::)

No, those two anal extrusions should just be content with having their names on the damned thing as "co-producers" with whoever the REAL producer is and otherwise keep their hands off and their big mouths shut. Especially that idiot hack Anderson.

Ugh.

• 6 months later...

Massive as in "warps spacetime" massive? Still haven't dropped the Xmas bloat, huh? :P

I don't suppose there's any way of finding out exactly what Zetumer did, is there? Is the script before his changes available anywhere, for instance?