Second Landsraad Tournament

Dunenewt

double elimination, as in you can lose twice before your out, if you lose once, you go to the losers bracket, and if you lose again your out, then people will be able to have some sense of idea of what type of game there playing, instead of oh i engie rushed you or gas rushed or buzz rushed, and won, that shows now skill at all. idk just a suggestion.

sounds fine to me, because maybe two players will not lose until the end? you know, i just think losing once and being out would suck, waste of time imo. double elimination actually lets you compete, knowing that you lost once might boost you up for better games. idk. :-

I understand what you're saying mord. Surely one match may go on forever but I mean its unlikely that it'd be very long seeing as it wouldn't be on fishers. Also would solve the problem of best of 3 cause I mean you should have time; but, if you're not able to [ut in the time for 3 games in one night against one person you shouldnt be in this tournament anyway.

Also this tournament is to see who is really the best in the bracket, right? I mean everyones a pro when it comes to 10k but lets see who can strive in a different setting. Certainly you'd want it to be interesting right?

qm sets would suck at the moment, the reasons are:

1. We should decide where our ref and barracks should deploy not pre made for us.

2. All the new players that are great/good/ok players have never played qm. It just is unfair to them.

3. Older players like me, Pearl, Mord and some other players will over power the weaker too much.

4. qm worked 4-5 years ago, now is seems lame.

5. It won't make a difference for me but I'd like a fair game with all players that are use to 10k.

How do I sign up for this???

Spazelord

How are you going to decide who plays who?

When is this going to take place?

How are you going to record the results?

QMs setts on a four player map like spicebowl should be fair to all.

adapting to small changes is surely part of any game.

I find it slightly amusing that the only people objecting to QM setts are the elites  :O ;)

oh and spicey but he objects to everything out of principal.  ;D

I mean everyones a pro when it comes to 10k

wrong 

adapting to small changes is surely part of any game.

wrong again thats not small changes for ex for a harck player like me i dont play other houses

my bo is a pre set routine  depends on the house vs me i have only 2 bos one anti atr

and one anti harck and ords i worked for years  tuning those 2 bos  and i killed

lots of elits using them and they are the only thing i know like going ref fac bar ref ex..

you want me to come now and start from scratches ? and develop a new setting?

and you call that a small change? were am i going to test it and improve it?

the server is empty lol .. this hole tour makes me laugh in someway digging out those rusty

dinosaurs like me and scar .. player who can play the qm are player who already have qm

bos back from wol days ...

ive been around since 2004 and  I NEVER EVER PLAYED ANY SINGLE QM SETTING OR SAW ANYONE

PLAYING IT   

this setting was not used ever on ra server and its not an active setting since xwis

so what the hell are you talking about ?

Mord, if the majority have enough time for the amount of games, then it will be Double Elimination.  Anyone can sign up until 15th May, and then I'll organise it the matches. 

No Crates

Living World Off

Preset off

Spazelord, you're in.

yes.. excellent decision .. it proves that newt is a player ...

i wouldnt mind now a lot about the maps .. but i think 2 players maps are not enough for

longer matches and if a player want to expand base  we can also let the players chose

the map like we do in normal online games i dont see any harm on that i mean its just

a private tour between friends and we dont have to be formal and stuff

As to everyone having enough time for the games, is there some reason why the tourny has to take place in one day? Why not have it spread over 2 or 3 weekends? I think this might add flexibility in the setting up of games.

Due to the fact that we all play on RA's server and not XWIS how will the results be recorded? On XWIS it would be automatic, and they would be shown on fed2k, but I think that would be impossible because XWIS checks serial's and RA's server doesn't and I don't think anyone should be excluded for that.

Also Dunenewt, did you get my emails? Please let me know what you think as to weather or not we should proceed. I sent them to the address you have listed in your profile.

Why not just say whose playing who and give them a 3 day period to have their game in, they can msn each other and arrange day and time. :)

How are you going to decide who plays who?

You could just do a grid and let everyone play one match with everyone else over the period of a week. Then let the the top four play each for the top spot.

Depends how much time everyone has really.  I don't want to put people at a disadvantage, just because they have a full time job and are in a different time zone to others.

By the way, I've almost finished a Dune Wiki page for the original tournament:

http://wiki.dune2k.com/Fed2k_Landsraad_Tournament

I will work on one for this tournament soon.

is it in one day? i never expected that..i though we would play for a week or so.. about statistics i wouldn't worry so much  they can be recorded manually and be sent to a sticky post here.. in fact to this thread 

good no point in intensifying things up or make look so formal.. most of us are hagging around

and the main point is pumping some life to this dead game

All you have to do is install the damn game and play. There are people on all the time that play,use msn and you can have a game almost anytime.

i mean we got time its good not to push the time limit to 1 or 2 days ..

the longer this tour is the more fun we will have and i see it wont

be the last if it came out good ... i think spaze will win this one easy unless

pearl want to put his mind in it gunpoweder and erjin should be emailed into this

i think they are floating near by