Eczema

gunner154

I don't know how much you've heard about this condition but I'm one of those unfortunate enough to be afflicted with it. It's gotten much worse lately, complete with an infection. Hardened skin with occasional cracks appearing spontaneously and weeping plasma. The worst parts are on the calves, though a bit of the thighs as well as the arms have it as well. It's not been this bad before so I'm sure it's an infection (on the leg), together with swelling.

I've been prescribed lots of medicine lately. I usually used steroid creams like betamethasone, and antibiotic ointment like tetracycline. However, prior to the infection, I was prescribed prednisolone, and the infection came shortly after the dosage. Now, I'm relying on a mix of FOBAN cream, tetracyline and potassium permanganate to put an end to the infection.

Does anybody else happen to be unfortunate enough to have this problem? How do you cope and how much do you understand about it? If you're an expert on medicine, you're wanted here :P

Lol, my mother gives me that from time to time. Well, in the short term it does seem to remove feeling somewhat. Good for preventing contact pain if you will. Don't know about it as an actual curative for a serious condition though.

I just got some antibiotics to take along with steroid+antiseptic creams. As well as anti-histamine that doesn't really work. In a prescription.

Given some time, I think I'll turn to E45, since it seems to be that good.

I'm using shampoo and shower gel by this company called Neways. They supposedly don't use the active ingredients present in many shampoos and gels. I've been using those for years already, but nothing much.

We've done double washing of my clothes and what-not, the second round without detergent. Everything... we tried everything...

I'm not a doctor, but irritation can come from many things. Also there might be something that prevents you from recovering from eczema. It could be in your food, like bread, coffee or simply rice that is differently prepared. It can be the cleaning soaps you use for washing hands or cloth. It can be that after you shower your skin is dehydrating. It can also be your living space, perhaps you got some water leaks in the walls causing things like fungus and spread in the air. It could also be the perfume you use, certain Axe deodorant gives me irritation. I would like to advice you to take a normal day and look at all the things you do and see if it could contain something your body doesn't like. For example in an extreme situation you could be allergic to the normal house water, perhaps it's not clean enough for you or cleaned with chemicals that your body doesn't like.

Also, if a certain gel/cr