Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

the game's out in the US now.  I haven't even played it yet =(  don't have a wii.  I'm either getting a laptop or a Wii.  lol. which one should i get?  (it will be a used laptop, not a new one)

hmm....verboeten seven.  sounds mysterious.  I always like zelda chars.

I liked smash melee.  I never was good at fighting games but the intricacy of the fighting engine is quite impressive.  not to mention the nostalgia of the old chars. bring a lot of memories back for me.

the game's out in the US now.  I haven't even played it yet =(  don't have a wii.  I'm either getting a laptop or a Wii.

You should get a Wii, Definitely a Wii!!! Get-the-Wii!!! Wii-rules-all!!!

hmm....verboeten seven.  sounds mysterious.  I always like zelda chars.

You mean the Forbidden Seven Right?

I there still might be DLC (although very slim) in SSBB, which would explain the unreasonable release date in Europe.

Oh. dang. just played it. wow. awesome game.  The smash ball is slightly distracting from gameplay when I just want to beat people up. but man does it look cool when you get to use it. ;D  Love link's super smash thing.  But the angel dude (sorry forgot name) is one of the best characters that i tried tonight. I played metaknight, angel dude, zelda/shiek, and link.  I'm so sad they nerfed the hell out of link from last game. :'(  He can't jump worth poop anymore, and he's not fast enough to take advantage of his boomerang and arrow ranged attacks anymore.  i loved hitting w/ the boomerang and then running and attacking, then juggle.  can't do that on brawl link, but he's got more marth/like power than last game, which i'm not really a fan of either. I just never got into marth's fighting style.  Love the fluidity of the fighting, especially the floaty flying thingy of metaknight and angeldude. ness's partner character (forgot name again) seem's very good. that's the only person my friend played.  Works pretty much the same as ness from what i can tell.

yea, I didn't bother even trying marth in brawl. If his attacks are weak, then they probably nerfed him too since he was one of the most powerful characters in melee.

to do the triforce thingy just get the smash ball then when you are standing next to someone just hit the B button.  If it hits them then you'll see the awesomeness of the triforce powers!! lol.

Oh, and the option to build stages is really cool.  didn't make any yet, but I played on some that my friend made.

ya, I'm liking it.  wish i had my own Wii though.  I'll still prob. play as  link a lot on the melee game since that's all I own right now.  Not sure if the stage builder is limited or not.  i'll have to check on that.

Acriku, how does Kirby fair in brawl compared to him in melee?

It seems that several returning characters have been balanced down from last game in order to promote the playing of the new characters, but I haven't played enough to confirm this.  The new characters are definitely worth playing though.

I'm liking the regular combos from Kirby, He can hold his own against a lot of melee peeps, but his super brawl move is whack. It'll get everybody, but doesn't do enough damage as a super move. Though, get trapped in the cape of Meta knight, and you're done son!

It is pretty cool, but damage-wise it lacks compared to other final smashes.

My main, as in the one I play the most? Definitely Meta Knight. His regular A button attack is usefully indefinite and his drill move "Direction + B" plus his regular B move are good ways to rack up damage without much damage taken. The drill move is fantastic for hitting the final smash ball, too!

ya, I tried metaknight.  His super smash is pretty cool.  For some reason I couldn't get the hang of him very well though.  I was better at pit/angeldude.  I'd love to see some videos of those two characters doing some sick aerial combat dueling.

mewtwo was probably cut because there is an unlockable character very similar to how mewtwo fights.  name is lucario i think.  played him briefly.  pretty much same move set w/ some variations here and there.  Lucas is better than ness I think.  except lucas doesn't have the yo-yo thing, a rubber snake instead i think.  He seems quite good, my friend has been beating me lately w/ lucas but I'm still shopping for a main lol.  I think I will stick w/ Link it looks like, he's actually not too bad, but definitely different than last game.  But he definitely won't be considered one of the "cheap" characters.  That will go to Pit, Metaknight, maybe fox and/or sonic.  Played everyone else cept for Kirby, Ganon, snake, and ness, falco.  but falco is like fox, ness is like lucas.  So just Kirby/ganon/snake.  Plus one guy we haven't unlocked yet. 

yea, the stage builder is limited by number and types of building blocks one can use. It's possible that more options are unlock able later, but I'm not sure.

I think I know the character you've not unlocked.

Lucario is quite different from mewtwo.

I don't think Lucas is better than Ness and I don't think Ness is better than Lucas.

btw, Lucas Up-smash: Lucas releases all those hectagonial PSI things (a lot of them), it's very slow and it's considered 3rd most powerful smash move in the game.

Lucas down-smash: lucas does something similar to Mewtwo's D-Smash, except instead of purple psionic energy, lucas releases hectagonial PSI stuff.

Akriku and Kokori, What kinds of characters do you like? I like Cute, psychic and cool looking moves (eg. all of Lucas's attacks).

??  I think Lucario is similar to mewtwo as far as fighting style, but I haven't played mewtwo for like 6 months and also only played Lucario for like 5 minutes.  But the charge up psychic ball lucario has like mewtwo did, also is Up B  move is a similar evasion move like mewtwo's.  His smash moves were a bit different though.  also his grapples i didn't try.  But overall speed, strength,  and psychic moves I thought were similar....unless I'm using the wrong name again lol.

I like playing characters that i enjoyed playing playing on SNES/N64.  I also like cool looking moves which is why I love link for his Tri-Force Final Smash move.  I prefer fast characters like fox, but if I really like the style or am a big fan of the character than I will sacrifise the speed.

Ya I haven't played either ness or lucas, my friend just prefers  lucas i guess, so they could be complimentary characters or exact equals idk.

Ya, actually there are a couple of very big differences from Lucario and how mewtwo was in brawl, Lucario does more damage as it takes more damage, also lucario has a parry/counterattack move (named after the old poke move called double team) which mewtwo never had.  that changes things alot just those two factors alone.  But the "feel" of the character's movements, jumping/melee/ the charged power sphere thingy....those seem intended to fill the void of having no mewtwo in this game.

Ya I like my zelda game characters too much to main on Lucas/ness lol.  Plus my friend already has adopted Lucas and I like to mix things up a bit.  But who know I might try him when I'm on break from the zelda chars.

Well it sure doesn't fill the void for someone who's fav. Pokemon is Mewtwo/Mew (IE. me).

I don't mind Lucario (although I would have loved for Abra or Gardavoir to be chracters), but since he's replaced Mewtwo, I hate him.

Also, They put in many retarded characters, IE. Wario, Falco, Mr. G&W and they haven't put in Mewtwo, also they put in three Fox clones and STILL no Mewtwo.