Bioshock

TMA_1

Anybody here play the preview? It is absolutely stunning. The art direction, the sound, the story, gameplay... Amazing stuff. I think it will change the face of first person shooting. We are going to be getting it when it comes out, anybody else plan to do so? Any players of the Demo? what did you think??

I played the first couple checkpoints of the game on the Xbox360 and it is AMAZING. The graphics are absolutely stunning, beginning with the very scenic view from on the ocean water surrounded by the flames of the plane crash that took you down. Scary as hell, too. I could NOT wait to get a wrench to fight back with!

Bought it today (the limited edition - I have my very own little Big Daddy), and it's amazing so far.  When I surfaced after the plane crash, I was wondering why my character wasn't doing anything, and then I realized that I was in control; it wasn't a cutscene anymore!

The Plasmids are really cool (esp. telekinesis, which I just got now), and the idea of modding weapons is really good, too.  Although neither of these ideas are new, I think BioShock is doing them really well.  I like how you can actually see the modifications that were done to your weapons.

Mind-blowing graphics aside, the atmosphere is also really good.  The bathysphere ride, with Ryan's monologue, followed by the 'flyby' of Repture is just stunning.  And it's very creepy.  I'm happy about that.  It would have really been disappointing if it wasn't.

"When I surfaced after the plane crash, I was wondering why my character wasn't doing anything, and then I realized that I was in control; it wasn't a cutscene anymore!"

Ha! totally dude!

Yes it is quite awesome so far. The art and music are kicking my ass. The plasmid feature is wonderful, all around it is great so far.

TMA:  The plasmids are fun.  The Research Camera is a really nice feature, too.  Somewhat along the same lines as reasearching enemy organs in System Shock 2, except it's leveled.

Acriku-:  Don't worry; you'll get to one soon enough.  And when you do, you'll cry, 'cause you only get once choice per machine.  But then, assuming you made the best choice, you'll be happy again.  ;)

And personally, I'm rescuing the Little Sisters.  You don't get as much ADAM, but you get special gifts every now and then, which make up for it.  I totally recommend saving them.

• 1 month later...

yes,yes. its just a game, those are just cartoons , i know i know, we all know haw nice Acriku is.

i mean he wouldn't hurt a fly.. but and there is a but  !!! i was just thinking about

it yesterday night when i met that sweet little creature just crying and looking so innocent

and the game asked whether i want to harvest her (which i felt its a very cruel word) or save

her which gave me the feeling that all what atlas was saying about those little kids that they

are freaks and so was all crap because he just wanted to save his family and he don't care about

other peapol even if they were little children .. and the word save her sounded so good as the poor

child looked so scared and crying.. and at once i though what would be the next cutseen will

be if i decided to (harvest her , lol) i mean the word it self was weird and used in the middle of

very violent game.. i thought would that be like hurting something that looks exactly and sound

exactly like a little child? omg that would give me the striking feeling of abusing a child

i mean will she scream in terror while i cut her child Buddy With a knife and start licking

her wounds? lol just like that splicer was about to do to her when the woman shot him..

akriku i don't mean to make it sound like ure evil or even talk silly but i think this

point is worth stopping at for few minuets.. i mean you don't even know what happend when

we saved that little child. she just became a nice little normal girl again and she said thank

you in the sweetest voice you would ever hear..

even if it was a game or a movie or what ever do we just go killing things that looks like

kids just for few credits instead of the positive feeling of saving them?

at the start of the game when the little girl see the player laying on the ground

she said something about that his an angel or his going to be an angle and save them...

i don't know what that cutseen was when you decided to hurt that little crying child

but i bet that shrinks can use such data statistics to see haw many peapol in this world

would hurt children or the concept of children even in a simulator for a couple of bucks more..

and what happen when you get thirsty for more adam??!! ARE WE LOOKING HERE AT A GAME THAT PROMOTE

YOU TO GO HUNTTING LITTLE CHELDERN AND SLUTER THEM IN ANY WAY THAT THE VILONCE OF THIS GAME

MAY SHOW IN THE FOLOWING CUTSEEN? OR ITS A GAME WERE YOU PLAYE THE ROLE OF AN ANGEL WHO SAVES

LITTLE LOST SOULS??  IS IT THE SAME GOD DAM IT??? ARE WE ABOUT TO SEE ANOTHER GAME TELLING

YOU TO RAPE THE LITTLE THING HARD SO THAT YOU WILL GET SOME NICE WHITE JELLY?? AND THEN

MAKE YOU SEE AND HEAR THE NASTY CUTSEEN?

peace akriku its just a game trust me i like you and i know ure nice this is not personal at all

i just saw its worthy of a stop in a cruel world that we live in above the water were

children are massacred and mutilated every day  for the same reason oil  (oil = adam)

now i know i could have made you angry by now but again i wasn't talking about you

i was talking about taking the choice of harvesting little kids... you can insult me

or what ever its OK i Will understand but i just had to say this and i promise all

i wont get into flaming replies  sanks

logically its the same to chose either sides in a game because there is no good or evil involved

being a wolf have its own style in weapons and kits i personally like to playe as

a strog in quake wars et because the way they talk make me smile..

and i wont ask you stupid questions on why u like to be with wolfs in rpg games

like if you are someway evil or something but in bioshock its a little different here

i feel they just made it on perpus because they would give you more adam just to kill

the girls and feel bad about it. or they just reduce the adam and make you feel

good and positive saving some poor little kids..

when ever i do something even if its a game i give it from my feelings and thoughts

so lets say ok you got the extra adam well haw do you feel killing those sweet little girls

as they cry in pain and fear do you feel :

1_ happy and you wish you can hurt the little sisters ever worse

2_ a little sad but you want the adam

3_ don't care because its only a game and it was stupid from deathand to make this post at first place ??!!

now am asking this because if you chooses the first answer this can mean you are evil person acriku

wich is ok by me i don't really care but for me i am a good person even if it was as game

and i feel nice and positive everytime i save one of those funny little girls in fact

i like them a lot and the way the speak make laugh and i like their presence and i wish i can save poor little boyes/girls in real

life i think nothing in this earth would make me feel happier

SO STOP KILLING THE LITTLE SYSTERS ACTIKU just try it once and you will feel better

Sorry buddy, no can do. It's not about the Adam, it's about f*cked up little girls with slugs in them. I'm pretty sure I would harvest them if you received less Adam for doing so. I also firmly believe that Jesus would harvest the girls as well. Now, you wouldn't be calling Jesus an evil person eh? ;)

no its the right thing to do even in a game , the slugs can be killed and the child will be healed

by you (did u miss the story line man??!! they are not zombies ,) even the cutseen of healing them is wonderfull and make me feel good every time(i dont even want to know what the harvest cutseen looks like  :'( ) .rapture became a very evil place and at least what

we can do is not become evil our self's and we must hold the candle of goodness because

its the only thing that can lead us out of the dark and holding us from becoming a monster our self's 

if u believe in Jesus then u must know this

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;

Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

===========================================================================

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

=============================================================================

u hear that??? mercy my freind,,  yes even in a dam game.. allwayes, all dayes, forever  :)

ok what ever man ,, you can put me on as long as you want.. i herd stories about peapol

that got bad curses because they starved animals to death or locked them without water..

don't be surprised when you get cursed for cruel feelings you chosed even in game..

get spiritual man

well it could be a warning that the thunder will find its

way to your small head and then maybe you be able to

use the electric shock just like the plasmid  ::)

note :  as some of you might know the troubles i was having posting on this web which made

me decide to post only in gaming board were its nearly impossible to get in flam posts

i declare that all my posts in this thread including this reply to cyborg is only for

joking and chat about this wonderful game and if anyone is offended or want to

take it seriously i encourage him to not reply to me thanks

yes, speak out cruel world.. make it sound like if you are jocking but i know haw careless

you are, thinking something like that is not important and saying  lets kill those kids

lets kill those kids.. and i say it again.. game or no game the view of that sweet

little angel shacking and crying from fear and then you attack her and kill her dose

show a part of personalty i which i can take screens of you doing that and show them to you

family i bet you will sleep in the garage for a long time.

slugs or no slugs the cutseen show a little child shacking from fear and raising her hands

to protect her poor self.. forget the Adam i just want to ask some of you elite monsters

did you enjoy attacking a helpless target and killing those little sisters? if yes i think this game have something

psychopathic in it because they would never force you in any game to kill a child like

that but they did ask you what the right thing to do, and this is were u honored

the hole community of dune spiritual warriors by refusing to heal a sick little

baby girl crying in terror ..

i can see a wounded soldier, i can see a homeless man .

but u wanna know what break me down ? its the seen of crying child i wish i can jump to

ure game with a shot gun while you kill that cute little thing and teach you

about principals and prioritys, the old spicy way..  8)

long live the warriors of dune

Spicy, I played through harvesting the girls one game and then saving them the next time through.  I didn't get a kick out of killing them nor did I get all tingly inside when I saved them.

yes lol i know i told you am only joking with acriku and cyborg am not serious about this lol

i don't have real feelings Oslo just because am playing a video game ,,

but Oslo its my openion in this matter and i really see things this way but it doesn't have

anything to do with what is right or wrong.. i mean its ure game u can even burn it if u want

most important thing is to have fun with this nice game just like i do...

am just making up a little chat here to kill time but really there is no subject..

but as for me i still wouldn't like to hurt something nice and Innocent and funny looking

even in a game ..and am not intrested at all in watching what will happen when they

get killed..  i don't  get all tingly inside Oslo when i save them but i enjoy it..

i wouldn't enjoy killing them..its just like when u are watching a movie and you don't want

the hero to die . some peapol even cry when they watch emotional movies...

u know its that kind of living the story for a moment.. cheers