Dune 7 spoiler (I've read the draft)

Mentat_one

I sure wish that original concept with McNelly and Frank would have worked out. Honestly there was great potential in the history of the Duniverse as told from the DE. TO me it felt ancient, powerful, and well, just more adult. Not saying that in a silly sort of way, but the ideas were more out there and complex.

holy freakin' crap! this is even worse that I have imagined in my worst nightmares!

I don't care if they are using Frank's notes or not, if so he must've been loosing it BIG time - the "end" of Dune should have been open to the fans' imagination not this crap!

to me it's not canon and my soul will not rest until the two heretics are burned alive ontop of their crappy piece of shit books!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That sounds way too complicated. I don't even know where to start. I'm sure I would enjoy it though. I, for one, don't even think about Frank Herbert when I'm reading Herbert & Anderson books. No matter what happens, Dune, the original novel in all its glory, will never change.

• 5 months later...

True or false, I think Brian and Kevin should have their hands cut off. What they have done to literature is akin to what Yoko Ono has done to music.

If I wanted to read Roddenberry-caliber (read as: awful) writing I'd grab some Star Trek fan fiction. That's where their prosaic prose belongs. And much like fan fiction, Brian and Kevin's Dune books are contradictory to Frank's in almost every conceivable way. It seems like they derive most of their inspiration from David Lynch and crack.

The news is in. Talent is not hereditary. It's no wonder that less people are reading Dune, when they are led to believe that these recent crimes against humanity are a fair sample of it.

Now join me in burning every copy of House Atreides, House Harkonnen, House Corrino, Butlerian Jihad, and everything else they have written or will write. Let their names be erased from the book of life. Let their pens chip and shatter.

now, i may be new to the forums, but im not sharing the same opinions as the rest (well most) of you guys, as i am looking forward to the new novels (need to finish the original series first, of course ;D). I understand that the prequels and legends of Dune arent, ah, in the same class together. thats not to say one is better, though DUNE is, well, DUNE. what im trying to get at is authors, no matter who says what, write about what intrests/affects/etc them and they are influenced by numerous things, such as the time period. in 1965, was even half (quite generous, i know) of the stuff in house atreides concieveable? or even in the Butlerian Jihad? prolly not. I myself am a huge fan of anything DUNE, including Brian/Kevin J.A. stuff, so i have a bit of a bias, but i am also a huge reader of everything, espcially sci fi. i read it for what its worth. and Dune and all its forms is worth a considerable bit. While the themes changed, the weight of the novels remains the same. Ever consider the ramifications of the Legends and its characters? being as young as i am, i recognize the validity of the arguments ofthe machines, as well as the politics at play in the human society. Dont read it to measure up to the orginal(s), because you all, and i, arent privy to both sets of authors, so who knows what they had in mind. read it for the novels they are, and then connect it to the rest.while there may be a few discrepancies, all have the intrcricies that make DUNE, well, DUNE. other than that, i look forward to DUNE 7 and 8. =D

This thread should be un-stickied and allowed to drift into the past ... it's ALL FALSE. I brought this to KJA's attention and he says : "Nobody has read a draft of either HUNTERS or SANDWORMS yet, NOBODY -- not our editors, not even my wife

I've read numeros drafts about Hunters, so they're all hoaxes? :O Seems you can'be sure of anything until the book comes out  ::)