Brute Force or Finesse

DelugeD

In my opinion finesse. Why? Planning the compile operations give you more fun for playing. Brute is simple & stupid solution.

Yea brute force is really a stupid solution to winning even when it kicks your ass cause your hiding err planning in your base. ::)

Brute force is effective (a friend of mine masses minos. He is unstoppable...), but takes little brainpower to get right. Using it doesn't indicate stupidity, just that the player disregarded the more complex options available.

Brute force is effective (a friend of mine masses minos. He is unstoppable...), but takes little brainpower to get right. Using it doesn't indicate stupidity, just that the player disregarded the more complex options available.

mass minos unstoppable ... .... ....  :-

Think about worms... deviators... laser tanks... adv carryals... devs drops... missle tanks... assault tanks... and all those things that i forgot to mension...

Brute force leads to destruction of your own troops if the other players handles it correctly in my opinion

I should probably point out that he and I play against the AI, so there is in fact no need for me to have a counter-stategy, and the AI isn't bright enough to use 'em.

...Besides which, you ever try picking up a mino when there are fifty more all about? It just ain't done.

I usually don't have much of a choice in the games I play. Most people now a days seem to put everything they have into one basket(like drones, or minos, or gunships). When I see them gearing towards a specific end like that, I just attack because they are usually weak with their ground forces. You have to take what's available to you.

jeff has a good point, try our harkonnen tactic, there mostly the same we do a few diffrent things but all in all has the same affect. We build fast and furious, meaning overwhelming the enemy with so many units, meaning brute force, but dont get me wrong i dont just rush all my units into the enemey and push s on my keyboard, there is always a tactical view in what im doing, maybe it seems sloppy but overwhelming you enemy with so many units and not having any time to recover or act is a very strong move. so all in all brute force if played in all actuality is much more stronger in offense, offense is the keyword, there are some times i dont even give a shit if there are worms or drones in my spice if i have a huge army because if i kill you or your base what do i need mine for> i'll reply after someone replies to this....

• 2 weeks later...

hey sup guys still doing that military thing till december 9th then i'll get online and play, but seriously my tactics for houses is pretty much unstoppable ask jeff, we have mostly perfected the game so if anyone has anything diffrent maybe i can tell how i'd counter it or beat it anyone?!?!?!

Mordus.... you done anything interesting in the navy yet?  Hope you get to shoot gun and cannons and shit or load missiles and not just mop aircraft carrier decks.  You should tell your commanding officers that you are a highly decorated Dune Officer and that they should promote you in real life  ;)

hey sup guys still doing that military thing till december 9th then i'll get online and play, but seriously my tactics for houses is pretty much unstoppable ask jeff, we have mostly perfected the game so if anyone has anything diffrent maybe i can tell how i'd counter it or beat it anyone?!?!?!

Well, for me its jeffo and spazelord who are able to kick anyone right now, but seeing as jeffo is off getting stuck into his studies, I guess that leaves Spaze. Harkdawg is back, and starting to kick butt...