Three Enemy Houses

geidiprimedeathhandmissle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Ordos of course. Edric knows what he's talking about. I mean where is the challenge of other houses when you have a deviator. A sonic tank is at the front of an Atreides Infantry rush, u deviate it and use it to kill the infantry. When it is no longer under your control the base defenses destroy it. When U r attacking an enemy Harkonnen base deviate a devestator and make it self destruct in the middle of a cluster of structures and while they send forces to stop the devestator before it blows,

Guest sidewinder69

hehe...you guys don't know what you're talking about, hmm? House Harkonnen is the best House in the game and we've got Devastators and Death Hands to prove that!

atreides ofcourse. atreides is a noble house.

people are more loyal, ordos can't buy

atreides supporters, and harkonnen will have

a hard time using terror on them. but

harkonnen forces can easily convert to

atreides, and ordos units can be bought, so

atreides have the most advantages.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mithrandir

Jeez people, you gotta go with brute force, and the Harkos have that! The Ordos are just plain weak! A force of 4 or 5 devastators can really do a ton of damage to anything, and the Death hand missle is priceless!

Guest 214751

i've noticed that airstrikes do a lot more damage than deathhands. also, those "useless" saboteurs can turn invisible and kill your devastators before they can do any damage.

Guest Mithrndir

Wait wait wait, since when do sabatours take out units?! They're only good for buildings. I suppose you are right about the air strike, and the Death Hand isn't very accurate. I still don't like the ordos, but maybe I'll switch to the Atredies.

Guest 214751

as far as i can remember saboteurs can take out tanks. i still like Atreides better because ordos don't have a really good tank

Guest 214751

also, devastators have a really short range and are so slow a couple of missile tanks can take out a lot of them. but they are good at taking down bases.

Harkonnen rule.

Ordos lack brute strength, and while the deviator is defintely better than the sonic tank and devastator, the lack of a steady suppy of missile tanks makes the ordos fall behind in big battles.

The Harkonnen rule with giant forces of sardaukar, combat tanks, missile tanks and devastators (AS long as the opponent is not ordos).

That's my personal opinion.

-Shiroko

The Harkonnen have really slow devastators(are we there yet?) and death hand needs a missle guidance system. Plus the death hand does not do as much damage as an airstrike. The Ordos have nothing more than CHEAP tricks.

Guest Mithrandir

I'll agree that the devastators are slow, and the sonic tanks do do a lot of damage, but you can't destroy a death hand missle with missle tanks or missle turrets! The orthinopters go down pretty quick when they hit a group of turrets!

Guest Viper

I think that in Dune2 and Dune2k it rally doesn`t matter that much which House you choose. They mostly have the same units annyway. I think this is quite lousy by Westwood, to not invent any more units. Emperor, on the other hand, looks great. One of the big thumbs up with Emperor is that all the Houses will have unique units for their House. The Houses will share very few units... yada yada yada... in Empereor I will choose Ordos mostly I guess. I have a thing for fast hit and run tactics. I only beg to god that the harvester of Ordos will be faster too...

Any comments????

Guest Mithrandir

I agree most definatly that the ordos will have to be better. There are difference in the units of Dune2k though, speed and stuff like that. . .

The harkos look like they will be a good choice in Emperor, although there is not much to go on yet. How about the subhouses? What do you think of those?

Concernig the Sub- Houses I am almost oyt of my mind that Westwood doesn`t update their Emperor page more often. It`s acctually Sub- house month and I`m still stuck reading about the Guild every damn day. AAAAAAAAAARRGH... Will the Sub- House units affect the game very much? What do you guys think?

Guest Mithrandir

You can't really get them in practice games, unless you have the crates on.  Then you'll get an engineer, two troopers and two sardaukar.  Other than that, I don't think so.  It kinda sucks really, that you can get fremen and not sardaukar in the game.  That' what makes E:BFD so GREAT! :)